cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router not delivered

Memph
Hooked

Router not delivered

Went live today and like do many others reading the forum, it's not arrived. Posted out on the 1st and nowhere to be seen. Quite disappointed has probably have no internet over the weekend. Never had this from any other suppliers and hope this isn't the sign of things to come.

Plusnet blame it on royal mail and having spoken to customer services they claim it can take upto 5 working days. Why not post it 5 working days before then so people have it ready instead of leaving everything until last minute?

Disappointed to say the least.

Seriously Plusnet. Sort this out.
15 REPLIES 15
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Router not delivered

What other routers do you have?

You may be able to configure one to work on PN.

Memph
Hooked

Moved from sky so that won't work. Have an old bt hub 5 but can't find the AC adaptor for it and haven't got one that fits. Just really poor on Plusnets part. Can't see why they can't send the router out a week in advance.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Memph and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you haven't received your router yet. I can see we passed the router onto Royal Mail at 1st September 2021 00:02 I'd expect to have got by now. Do you have it? You seem to be online since last night so I assume you do?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Nothing delivered. Not sure how I've been online as been unplugged since yesterday afternoon?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Memph

Now this is odd. Our records are showing you've had an active connection since 19:40 03/Sep/2021, but it looks like there's a mix up our side. Sorry for the confusion. I'm sending you a new router now you should receive next week.

Can you let us know when you get it? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Thanks.

Seriously think you need to sort this out. Very poor service and now without any internet for probably 1 week. Not a great start and like I said many others having the same issue so doubt it's a royal mail problem....
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Memph

I understand the frustration however I can see your router was passed to Royal Mail on the 1st September so I imagine it's lost in the post somewhere. All we can do is send another router and we'll put it in the post as soon as we can. 

If you can post back once you're back online we'll be happy to look at a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Update on my situation. Having purchased a new router today(Out of my own pocket) as need to get up and running and can't really wait for the delayed plusnet one. Found out that the line is not active and have been told and I now have to wait another four days for an engineer to come to the house. Previous supplier no issues so must be plusnet or openreach side.

The tech support guy although nice didn't really full with me 2ity confidence.
The nightmare continues...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Memph

I'm really sorry to see it looks like there's a fault stopping your router from getting online.

I'm surprised by the 4 day turnaround on an engineer visit as we can normally get one out next day.

Are you free tomorrow?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Free tomorrow but can't get an appointment apparently. Tuesday and Wednesday I'm not at home.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah thanks for the clarification. I've just checked and sadly there's no engineers free tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Thanks for the time. Fingers crossed we can get it sorted early this week.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Memph aye fingers crossed!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Memph
Hooked

Looks like the service has kicked in this afternoon and currently up and running. Do I need to ring.customer service direct as have an engineer visit booked in and not sure of now needed? Connections slower than my last provider and wondering if this would improve over a week or two?