cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Offer Not Clear - Line Rental Saver ?

trufflehunt
Dabbler

Renewal Offer Not Clear - Line Rental Saver ?

I'm currently on a 12 month contract, with line saver rental, that is due to expire in a month's time.

This morning I received a renewal offer by email from Plusnet for another 12 month contract at £19.99 / month, ( ADSL basic broadband ) including line rental.   There is a link to click on.

When I click on the link this takes me through to....
Step 1:   Choose the package. Just the one option here.., Renewal.
Step 2.   Summary of the package.  It confirms that payments will be taken via Direct Debit details already on record with Plusnet.
              Press CONTINUE to go through to Step 3.
Step 3    FINISH.

I got through to Step 2, read it, and there was no mention of Line Rental Saver on that page.  I was a bit concerned that
if I clicked on CONTINUE that would generate an immediate payment mechanism without any reference to Line Rental Saver.

My question is....  Where does the option to choose Line Rental Saver appear, or is that not part of the renewal offer ?
3 REPLIES 3
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Renewal Offer Not Clear - Line Rental Saver ?

Hi there, if you have existing Line Rental Saver then it will not be impacted. The £19.99 is explaining what monthly line rental will be if you do not renew. When you complete the steps, the email will confirm this. You have already paid for your line rental, so we will not ask for it again until your existing annual payment expires.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@trufflehunt 

You need to be very careful here. If both your contract and LRS end at the same time then unless there has been a recent update to Plusnet's software you will hit a problem. If you update your contract you will find that you cannot add LRS until the next billing month as you can only have one change active at a time. When I renewed I had to ring in and get an agent to add the LRS and a new contract together.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

trufflehunt
Dabbler

When I started the current 12 month contract just under a year ago, I paid for the broadband and line rental in one chunk all at once..., £174 as I recall.., and have therefore paid nothing since. So everything ends at 6th June.

So, is there, in Step 3 of the renewal process some mention of paying for all the new 12 month contract in one chunk with  a new Line Saver Rental agreement, or does the renewal completely assume a monthly direct debit of £19.99....?

or.... is there some kind of problem along the lines of what Baldrick1  mentions above ?