cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Socket Installation

Barrett93

Phone Socket Installation

Openreach was supposed to be installing a new phone socket for me today between 8am-1pm, but no one ever showed up. I messaged them but they said they couldn't give me any information since the appointment was made via Plusnet. It's too late to ring Plusnet atm, what can I do?
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Phone Socket Installation

@Barrett93 Ring them tomorrow? Welcome to the forums, btw.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Barrett93, thanks for getting in touch and a warm welcome to Plusnet Smiley

I am really sorry that the engineer didn't arrive in the expected slot. It looks like as the order progressed, Openreach determined that internal access wasn't needed to complete the work. It looks like we sent you over an email on the 8th just to let you know.

The orders are all completed and you can now connect your equipment. If you have any further queries or have any issues with this at all, please just get back to me so I can assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Barrett93

Hi, the only email I have from the 8th is telling that my router was sent. How was internal access not needed when I still don't have a working phone socket?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, I am sorry that you didn't receive this email. You can view the email that was sent on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221817452

Upon the order progressing, Openreach advised us an appointment was not needed as their checks determined that only external work was needed.

I am really sorry that you still don't have a working phone socket, I'll help get this sorted for you. Can you please advise if there is a socket in the property at all? if there is a socket and it just isn't working, I would first advise to have a run through our troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

If there is no socket at all, we need to book an engineer visit for you and I have created a ticket here to get this progressed:  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=221914275 and if you can please reply on the ticket with the requested information, I can get that progressed for you. Please just let me know on here once done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Barrett93

There is a non working phone socket that looks like the previous owners took the front off and painted over it, I removed enough paint for it to be unscrewed and replaced, I can't plug the phone cable into it.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me and for the information. I am really sorry to hear of the condition of the socket left by the previous owners!

I have picked up your ticket and booked you an engineer in for the soonest slot we had available in line with your availability. I have updated the ticket with the details for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team