Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for broadband not received

digital189
Dabbler

Paying for broadband not received

Hi,

I ordered broadband on 27th July and got a text the next day saying 'order delayed'. The payment has been taken, I have no router and no connection date. I can't get through on the phone. How do I find out when I will have broadband and will I get money refunded for the time I have no connection?

20 REPLIES 20
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Paying for broadband not received

The best way to find out the reason for the delay is to ring in (0800 432 0200).

The payment taken is for the first month your service is live - you pay a month in advance - so there will be no need for a refund - your next payment will be taken a month after you are up and running.

John
digital189
Dabbler

Hi John,

Thanks for responding.

I've been trying the phone number for a week and finally got through just now. They manually put the broadband order through for me on the phone. It's a shame that there is no communication from Plusnet on what is happening and that you have to call a very busy number to progress the order. 

They have also let me know that I will be refunded for the time period that I have paid for and not received any service. As I don't know when I will be connected I don't know yet how long that will be.

Hopefully I'll receive the router and connection date soon.

jab1
Legend

I agree that communication re new orders could be much better - some old-timers have been saying this for years, but it falls on deaf ears.

That refund comment is wrong - your initial payment cover your first month after the service has gone live - not from the date of order.

John
digital189
Dabbler

That makes sense what you say and hopefully this will be the case, although it is not what I was told on the phone.

jab1
Legend

The agents on the phones seem to be badly trained/advised, from what I have seen recently. I've been around probably for longer than any of them and, without sounding unkind, probably know more than they do.

John
digital189
Dabbler

That's actually very useful to know! I'll definitely come to the forum for any future queries.

Thanks for your help! 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @digital189

Thanks for joining us, we are happy to have you and I am sorry it hasn't gone as smooth as we would have hoped. 

At the moment our suppliers are updating the details on the line so that we can get the broadband order completed. They have asked that we review this on the 11th which my provisioning team will do. 

Drop me a message here if you need me to chase that update for you at that time. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
digital189
Dabbler

Hi SammyM,
Do you have any news on whether the order can be completed yet?
digital189
Dabbler

@SammyM I've received another text message telling me my order has been delayed and I can not get through on the phone. Are you able to find out what is going on and if the order is ever going to go through?

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@digital189 Enough to drive you crazy isn't it? It's no help I'm afraid to post my usual message: 

Plusnet does their best but connections and anything beyond your master socket is the sole reponsibility of Openreach, and Openreach are a law onto themselves. Individual customers cannot contact them and Plusnet's links to them seem to be just as tenuous as any other provider.

Sadly there is nothing you can do but hope for the best. In fairness the OR technician has a list of jobs to work through, if one holds him up the knockon goes onto the later ones, maybe they rearrange such delayed calls at the end of the day rather than delay all next day's schedule as well? I hope you get sorted soon, good luck!

Mike

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @digital189, thank for getting in touch. I am sorry for the further delays encountered. 

I have contacted our suppliers for an update and have provided a further update on your open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226365139 including the next steps we need to take.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
digital189
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB,
From the ticket it looks like my order has been cancelled due to an incorrect order and started again. Are you able to give me any kind of time frame for the process?
Thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see what's happened and how we've handled this. 

I have looked through this and can see that the previous provider of your property placed whats known as a cease on your line to stop the active services, so we weren't able to transfer things over with minimal downtime. 

We've restarted the line but our suppliers records are showing that fibre broadband isn't available for you as there's no more space at the street cabinet (the green box in the road) and I'm afraid we don't know when there will be room.

If you want to check the availability, you'll just need type your details Here and you'd be looking at "Available" show up next to "VDSL Range A", as opposed to "Waiting List" which suggests there's currently no capacity. 

At the moment the only options are to provide standard broadband at an estimated speed of 10.5mbps to 14mbps, alternatively you can cancel your order for a full refund. In either case, could you call us on 0800 013 2632 to arrange?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
digital189
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf I have cancelled my order. From the time I ordered fibre on 27th July it looks like my order was put though incorrectly and cancelled twice. In this time I have missed out on fibre and the cheaper broadband deals. I've now bought a broadband package slighter more than the original fibre one I made over 4 weeks ago. It's a shame plusnet would not offer a broadband deal at the rate I could have had 4 weeks ago. A very disappointing experience so far and this is just the buying process. The reason I was changing from my previous supplier was to find a cheaper deal to help out in this cost of living crisis, but I would have been better off staying with them.