Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order update after cease on line.

joem1988
Hooked

Order update after cease on line.

Good afternoon,

I have called a few times in regards to an update on my account progressing and going live.

Started my order on the 18/09, hoping to go live once I moved into my new flat on the 03/10.

After calling and spending quite a few hours on hold on both Friday and Saturday, I was told about the cease on the line until the 08/10. I'm assuming this was placed by Virgin Media as the lines currently look like they are VM lines. It would have been nice to be informed about the cease on the line, so I could have called to try and get it taken off prior to the 8th, not here to moan about that though.  

My account was placed on hold by the gentleman that I spoke to on Saturday, to then come off hold on Monday, for the order to be placed to take over the line. 

My account now has a status error of : An internal error has occurred that we are currently trying to fix.

I'm really looking for an update to when the service will be scheduled to take over the line and eventually go live? 

Thanks for your time,

Joe

15 REPLIES 15
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Order update after cease on line.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @joem1988,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

Can you please private message us with your username so we can look into this further and update you.

Thank you,

Aisha

joem1988
Hooked

Hi Aisha,

Thanks for the reply, I've sent that PM now.

Thanks,

Joe

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Thanks Joe.

Apologies for the lack of updates regarding your order. From what I can see it's due to agent error pointing the automated ticket 182757060 towards you which essentially took it out of our provisioning workflow to pick up and the ticket timed out, closing automatically after 14 days. I've made sure feedback is passed on about that.

The cease on the line wouldn't be related to Virgin Media as they'd use a different network to the Openreach network we use. It looks like it was placed by a provider that was using their own equipment at the exchange via an Openreach line.

As it's ceased we'll need to restart the line, activating fibre. Your activation date will depend on engineer availability for an engineer to go out and connect the line to BT equipment at the exchange and then to the right fibre port at the cabinet(The green box in the road).

Currently(And I've tried 3 times) we can't place the order due to an issue with our suppliers systems when we get to the stage of assigning a telephone number to the order, but I'll keep a close eye on this for you and try again later tonight/tomorrow morning.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delay in getting you up and running.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joem1988
Hooked

Thanks for the response.

Would the order placing error be an issue for many customers or just myself? What does this mean ongoing, if an order can't be placed?

I've looked this morning and still have the same error on the account in the order progress section.

Would you be able to provide an update (fingers crossed for a positive update) to the situation?

Hopefully get the ball rolling properly today.

Thanks, Joe

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe.

Looks like I'm getting the error again, I've emailed the suppliers of our system. Should get a response within a hour or so.

The error you're seeing on your account would likely be unrelated to this(That'd be coming from your account as opposed to the supplier systems).

I think I've fixed that for you now, could you check whether you're seeing that error now? (Not that it matters too much as I'll be manually placing the order anyway when I can).

Will make sure to keep you updated.

Cheers -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joem1988
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

That has cleared up the error that was appearing on the account summary, thanks for that.

Looking forward to an update soon.

Thanks, Joe

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe.

Glad to hear that your account is looking OK now.

Looks like the struggle with placing the order may have been a me problem on this occasion as our suppliers have kindly successfully submitted the phone order on my behalf. I've got your fibre order in place(Which uses a different system). We'll confirm your activation date within the next 24-48 hours. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joem1988
Hooked

Good morning 

Thanks again for the updates, looking forward to hearing the activation date shortly.

Kind regards,

Joe

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Joe.

Unfortunately the order is stuck within one of our suppliers main systems and an open exception(Essentially, a task) was raised this morning to a back-end team to progress this manually and we've been advised to review this on Monday.

I've discussed this with Openreach and they've said that they're not able to escalate this until 1 full working day has passed since the exception was raised.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joem1988
Hooked

Good afternoon,

Is there anything on my end that is needed? I may be able to get some prior information from my landlord in regards to phone numbers or previous line usage?

Just to clarify, as I'm assuming that I won't be able to provide any useful information, we won't hear an update further until at least Monday now?   

Thanks, Joe

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 481

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do on your end or us on ours.

We should know more come Monday

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
joem1988
Hooked

Good morning,

Has there been any progress as we were waiting until Monday to hear further about the situation?

Thanks, Joe

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @joem1988,

I'm really sorry to read about the delays you have experienced and I have chased this for you with our suppliers.

A full update can be found here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.