cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order in limbo

jamiemoulton
Hooked

Order in limbo

My order ran into a delay due to TalkTalk kicking up a fuss about the phone number being transferred - I didn't know it was being transferred so told the support agent not to worry about it and just give us a new number. They said they would recreate the order and will keep me updated.

Since then, the order seems to have stalled. I received a letter with a go live date of 24th but I'm yet to receive my router (checking under myaccount it looks like the router hasn't shipped). I'm hoping that go live date letter was an automated thing from the original order, otherwise it looks like we're in for a festive season with no internet... 

Anyone able to check what's going on?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Order in limbo

Thanks for your post @jamiemoulton and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order.

Looking at the notes I can see our suppliers number porting team have said that the number port was rejected, because the postcode we've given doesn't match the postcode the current provider has. 

We've then replaced the order trying to retain the number still so the order's stuck in a delay, likely due to the same issue. Sad

I've put a cancellation request on that order we had replaced and once it's been cancelled in the supplier systems, I'll make sure we replace it once more but providing a new landline number, which should get around the issue. 

Regarding the router, we'll automatically put it in the post closer to when your services will go live with us. 

While I'd love to activate your services before Christmas, I'm afraid this won't be possible and it'll take at least 10 working days still, because we'll be taking over a working line and the time it takes to do this can't be sped up in any way. This timeframe would begin from when an order's accepted in the supplier systems. 

Looking at when you signed up though on the 10th December, and as Christmas Eve is a bank holiday, it's very likely we wouldn't have you up and running by the weekend, though I appreciate it'll now be into January. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamiemoulton
Hooked

Thanks for looking into it for me. Am I right in thinking that since you guys are coordinating the switch with my current provider, my current service won't end until you guys take over? I'm not too fussed if the switch takes a few weeks or longer due to these complications, I'm just worried I'll be left with no service since both me and my partner work from home.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @jamiemoulton

Yep absolutely, as long as you don't tell your current provider you're leaving as they may put through a cancellation request themselves if so. Once we've confirmed your transfer date, you may see some downtime on the day as the switch takes place, but it shouldn't take long and our service should activate before midnight. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamiemoulton
Hooked

Hmmm... OK. I haven't told them, but they have obviously been notified when you guys started the transfer request. As a result I've had a letter begging me to stay etc.

Is that likely to be a problem?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That won't be a problem as those orders we've placed and cancelled would've cancelled the cancellation request their side. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamiemoulton
Hooked

I've got my router now, and letters stating that my phone and broadband should go live on 10th and 11th Jan respectively. However, just had a letter from my current ISP that my service will end on the 4th...
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @jamiemoulton, thanks for getting back to us. It looks like your orders are due to complete on the 11th, any time up to midnight.

I have just had a check of your line and this shows a pending cease in place for the 11th, so it may be worth just checking with your current provider that they aren't closing your account sooner as this could prevent you using their service until up and running with us.

Let us know if you have any further queries in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team