cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Cacicula
Grafter

Order delayed

Hi I need help with my order. It was supposed to go live yesterday and I was assured that by a Plusnet representative but it did not.

I am not waiting for an update because the person I spoke today did not know why it was delayed.

Please help I work from home and I can’t keep using a hotspot.

Thanks
Tags (3)
49 REPLIES 49
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: Order delayed

Hi there,

I've replied to your other post over here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Joined-18th-August-and-nothing-since/m-p/1887332/highlight/tr... regarding this. I'm really sorry for the delay with your order.

We're due another update today but it may take up to midnight to come through so I'll make sure we update you tomorrow. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Thank you for looking into it. To be honest I am very dissapointed with the service I am receiving right now. It has been now more than a week from they day my order was supposed to be live and still no timeframe on when I am going to have internet service. You are just pushing the date more and more promising updates but no clear compromise.

I was told by the first agent I spoke to that my connection would be live on the 05/09 and he even sent me an text message to confirm that.

I work from home and I have spent a lot of money on data in order to be able to hotspot, with plusnet mobile as well.

This is just unacceptable service. I understand that Openreach does not work well but that is not my problem. I requested my house move with plenty of time to get things going.

If I knew it was going to be this bad I would have just cancelled my contract and take my business elsewhere.

I still expect a solution for my problem and my connection working, I was told I would get an update today and nothing so far. I even checked my tickets and saw it is on hold until the 20th now… I am tired of this really.
Cacicula
Grafter

I have just read that I'm entitled to £5.25 a day from my promised activation date, that would be the 3rd of September. How do I claim that? Will that be added automatically to my account? Please respond to this as well.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Cacicula

I do understand the frustration especially if you have to work from home, but I can assure you we're working with our suppliers to get you online as soon as possible and we can only provide updates we've received from our suppliers. We're not going to promise a timeframe at this stage, as that wouldn't be accurate because we don't have it. 

However, Openreach had accepted the escalation which I raised and today I've already escalated it to manager level to gain traction. They're reviewing this tomorrow and that's when the ticket 226830517 is on hold until. 

The ticket 227033350 which is on hold until the 20th bears no relevance to your order as this is a ticket we're monitoring so we can make sure your monthly cost is as we've agreed once your order's completed. I'd expect this particular ticket to be placed on hold continually until the order is completed, at that stage we'll then action that. 

As for compensation for a delayed activation, it'll be calculated added onto your account automatically. We have a help guide here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/automatic-compensation/ which explains how we'll work it out. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

I'd received another response from our suppliers escalation team yesterday after I'd left the office. The phone order has been completed, and they're expecting your broadband to go live today, so they'll review this again tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

That is certainly good news, thank you for your work. Let’s hope I can connect tonight.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all. Happy to help! I'll check back in the morning for you. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Well, still no broadband active.
Cacicula
Grafter

I don’t know if Openreach did the work and Plusnet have to activate something on their end but I would be extremely frustrated if I do not have internet today. I had to buy yet another data extension to be able to work, with plusnet mobile.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm really sorry to see this. The broadband order's not completed yet but I'm expecting our suppliers escalation team to get back to me today so I'll update you as soon as that come through and I know more. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I have to say this is extremely disappointing I understand we are all hostages of Openreach but the way they work breaking deadlines and promises is infuriating.

So far I have spend £45 pounds in extra data and I had my day planned to work using the fibre connection.

Plusnet employees are nothing but polite to me but the situation is really getting in my nerves at the moment.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I agree it is disappointing and I'm sure this is frustrating our suppliers too as they're trying to get this resolved. 

I'll make sure to keep on top of this for you and the moment I hear anything you'll be the first to know. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Thank you for answering that quick, please do update me as soon as something comes up. With the bank holiday approaching on Monday I am not very optimistic in Openreach having it done if it is not today.

As you said before, the order should have gone live yesterday and I do not understand these delays after 10 days. Another delay from today would be certainly devastating for me as I am in desperate need of a estable connection due to my work.

I appreciate there is 5.25£ Per day compensation but it seems now to me that it not enough taking into account how many data bolt ons I had purchased over these days.

Sorry if this sounds like I am venting but the ISP experience I am having is far from good this time.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries at all and I appreciate it's an incredibly frustrating experience. 

Openreach's escalation team have got back to me advising that an engineer went out yesterday and identified that they need new equipment known as LIC at the exchange, which suggests the existing spare equipment is faulty. 

So they've given the engineer the relevant phone number for BT Wholesale to request this new equipment. As you can expect due to the weekend and bank holiday, I've been given a review date of by the close of play on 21st September. 

I've however emailed a colleague in Wholesale's complex faults team to see if there's anything he can do to help. 

I'll update you today if I get anything further back. I'll be off tomorrow until Sunday so I can check back then too. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet