cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Cacicula
Grafter

Re: Order delayed

It has been now 12 days since my supposed live date, that is not counting the time I will have to wait to have de DSL changed to Fibre due to no fault of my own. I hope to be connected on the 20th, this is getting very out of hand now.

The plusnet staff has been really polite to me but I need this resolved please.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I can assure you that we are working to resolve this for you as soon as possible and I have escalated this further within our suppliers management escalation team. Once I know more I'll be sure to let you know.

I'm not in the office tomorrow so will follow up on the 20th. If we do have an update before then however I'll make sure one of my colleagues checks back with you while I'm away. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I appreciate what you are saying Anoush but this really frustrating. Surely there would be another problem on the 20th and then we will have to review on the 26th and so on and so on. We can be exchanging messages until Christmas.

As a customer I am extremely disappointed with what is happening with this order (not even the correct one as you know). I know you are doing your best with this but surely you can understand my point.

I will check on the 20th
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I do understand your point. If there was more I could do, I'd absolutely do it as this is frustrating for us as well. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I have just received an email saying:

Your broadband product change is now complete

Here's what you need to know

And it shows unlimited fibre extra as the product and 70mbps speed.

What is happening?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Despite the confusing email, that's a good update as it means the broadband order with our suppliers has completed. From what I can see your router is connected to the equipment at the exchange, but isn't trying to connect to the internet. I've reset the exchange equipment and I can see your router is now attempting to connect to our network. 

We're refusing the connection attempts due to an "incorrect password" so would you be able to factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pin hole at the back for 20 seconds? This should mean your router pulls down the right password automatically from your account to be able to get online. 

If that doesn't work, try following the below steps:

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable

2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254

3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab

4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button

5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab

6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that

7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net

8. Type in the account password, you can reset it here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed

9. Hit the Connect button.

If you're using your own router, you'll need to update the password manually within its settings yourself: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ 

Lastly, I've placed an order to upgrade your ADSL service to FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) in the background. Once I know when an engineer will be switching the service to fibre, I'll let you know. At the latest, I'll follow up on the 20th.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I have just reset it an waiting. I will try the other things if not. Let’s see if I can make.

I suppose you are finishing your shift Anoush so if I am unsuccessful I will call the phone tomorrow and if not we will speak on the 20th!

Thanks this seems to be going forward at least
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll be happy to ask one of my colleagues to follow up with you tomorrow if you can't get online before then. 

Aye we are finally making progress! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Right I am connected! I normally use my own router so I had to use the hub one but still, connected. I can get around the other one later. Thank you for you help.

Please let me know more about the upgrade on the 20th!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome. That's good to see!

Will follow things up on the 20th. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Cacicula. Just to confirm, your fibre service is due to go live on the 3rd October before midnight and I've dropped you an email on the back of the ticket ref 226830517 with more information.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Those are certainly good news, thank you. I will wait then until the 3rd.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye indeed. Sounds good! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Hi there, I just wanted to check if everything was going right on track for my fibre activation on the 3rd of October. Cheers
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep the order's still on track for your fibre service to go live on the 3rd October Smiley

Cheers 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet