cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not activated on date made to wait 72 hours

Sam11

Not activated on date made to wait 72 hours

My Internet was supposed to be activated by midnight last night, called them today they said they would have it fixed by 5 pm and an engineer would sort it, they called again and said oh you need to book an engineer and that won't be until Monday.

That is bloody unacceptable service its a joke. We just switched to plus net and this is how customers are treated? Regretting the decision of switching providers.
2 REPLIES 2
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Not activated on date made to wait 72 hours

Plusnet can only request Openreach to connect your line, it must be done by an Openreach engineer. These guys cannot work to a split-second timetable, some jobs take longer than they should so subsequent appointments are delayed. Some years back my own switch to fibre was delayed 10 days because Openreach could not attend on time -- something to do with widespread flooding in another area and thousands of premises being without service.

Plusnet has its faults like any ISP but chances are you will encounter the same problem whoever you choose.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Not activated on date made to wait 72 hours

Thanks for your post @Sam11 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your service didn't activate as we'd expect.

Can you private message me your account username so I can take a closer look?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet