cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service provided after switching

bosco1972
Hooked

No service provided after switching

This is a disgracefull company. 3 days of loss of earnings. Still no internet. Can't get through on the phone after being on hold for an hour then just cut off. No support, no chat function. Basically the worst service and support from a provider since I was on 48k dial up. Basically everything on your website is false. I would like to return to my previous provider, this is a joke of a company, I feel completely ripped off. I want full compensation for loss of earnings and the stress and anxiety this is causing me is off the scale, if this goes on any longer I will lose my job, if that happens I will be made homeless with two young children. I have never experienced a gap of service switching providers? This is insanity.
14 REPLIES 14
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: No service provided after switching

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @bosco1972

I'm sorry for the delay in getting you connected, I can see the hassle this has caused and I am sorry for the frustrations this has caused. 

I can see the order has now been completed and there is an active connection, can you confirm this is correct on your side?

Once this is confirmed I will be happy to look at a gesture of goodwill for the stress this has caused. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
bosco1972
Hooked

I don't understand, it took ages to go through and now I am only getting about 2mb speed WiFi and about 4mb on the cable. Tried everything to resolve it I guess you just provide a poor service and a poor product. I would like out of this contract please.
bosco1972
Hooked

I'm serious, I want written confirmation that I can switch providers. This has been a terrible experience. To the point I feel like this is a scam of some kind. I can't do my job! I don't understand how you can run a business like this? It must be a scam.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you reported a fault or tried any of the troubleshooting steps in the Help pages?

No ISP will let you switch providers on your whim!

bosco1972
Hooked

Yes, reported. And followed all the standard troubleshooting multiple times, and then some. Removed every device off the router, added a brand new laptop out of the box, cabled it to the router and only got 4mbps. I believe if the provider fails to provide me with a minimum speed agreed they are in breach of contract.
bosco1972
Hooked

Also so everyone is aware, even though stated that they would compensate me for loss of earnings, they never have. But I guess that statement looks good on here. So I just wanted to point out the fact that never happened.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @bosco1972,

I'm very sorry to hear that there are further issues with your broadband since it's gone live. I've had a look over the case today and upon testing the line, we're not locating any specific underlying fault conditions. You'd mentioned the speed was coming in at 4Mbps - is the router setup within the Master Phone Socket or is it in an Extension Phone Socket?

Regarding compensation, I would be more than happy to discuss with you what we can offer as a gesture of goodwill once all the problems have been resolved, however it is important to note that, as you have brought it up, we wouldn't be able to fully compensate any loss of earnings during this period. With that having been said, we will consider the case in it's entirety and make sure to offer what we feel is a fair and proportionate amount.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Did you ever get back to them  re the compensation?

yes it may look good on here, but you are not helping yourself. All your comments have been negative, but no details provides.

For example,

what speed service do you have?

what are the speed estimates for your line? Post the results of the BTW DSL Checker.

Post the results of the Help desk tab from your router

Is the line quiet? Dial 17070 option 2.

Have you had Openreach out to investigate?

Using the forum you can then use it as evidence to help you get results, and if the worse comes, as evidence to support your claim.

bosco1972
Hooked

No noise on the line, tested several times, my service is 70mb, router into master socket I have no other phones or extentions. Estimated speed should be around 40mb I'm getting 4mb. Openreach say there are no faults and charged me £150. Yes chased them up on compensation, got one email saying the same thing in they said in the forum, then nothing after that. My comments are negative because my whole experience with this provider has been negative, like I said I feel like I've been scammed. Never experienced anything like this. Zero support, and when you do get through after 45 minute wait, they drop the call and you have to start again. This company needs reporting to the ombudsman and closing down.
Mustrum
Community Veteran

I get the negative comments, just trying to help you, by posting the info mentioned will help identify the issue.

Can you post the info I mentioned?

Not sure how Openreach can charge you anything, your contract is with PN. Or have you asked them to move the master socket?

From what you have said, it appears the router is getting good speeds, so how are you testing speeds

How are you responding to messages from PN, are you using the tickets in the member centre?

You say zero support, yet some things at least seem to be getting done - so lets take advantage of the forum and another staff member getting involved.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@bosco1972 - from what I can establish, your hub has been connected at a consistent rate of approx 43mbps since the service was activated. It would be useful, like others have said, if you can share the information displayed by your router at http://192.168.1.254, after navigating to Advanced Settings > Technical Log. You will need to enter the admin password for your hub and it might be an idea to obscure your username.

I'm not sure where the £150 engineer charge is coming from as I can see no evidence of this. If you can provide more detail then I'm sure one of the guys will be able to look into it.

@bosco1972 wrote:
Estimated speed should be around 40mb I'm getting 4mb. 

Apologies if this comes across as condescending, but can I confirm that you're seeing 4mb/s (megabits) and not 4MB/s (megabytes)? The distinction is important as 4MB/s = 32mb/s, which isn't far off your estimate (albeit a little low).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bosco1972
Hooked

It's 4 megabits per second not megabytes.
Mustrum
Community Veteran

Yet no answers to the questions.