Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No feedback yet following fibre order

FIXED
AndrewJ
Hooked

Re: No feedback yet following fibre order

Well despite some timing issues with OR, I am now all fibred up.  Thanks to all the PN support staff who have got me this far.

Some advice would be appreciated on how long I should wait before complaining that my sync is now 2.5Mbps lower than my stable ADSL rate.

Does it normally come up after a couple of days?  I know VDSL is supposed to be different to ADSL, but I don't see much reliable looking advice on the issue.  The cabinet is a spanking new AIO, I am quite likely the only connection in there.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @AndrewJ, I'm glad to hear you now have your Fibre Smiley

We would normally advise to wait until after the line has had chance to stabilise (around 10 days) before raising it, but as the sync speed is significantly lower than the estimates I would advise to raise a fault here.

Before you do this just make sure you have tried the router connected in the test socket to see if there is any improvement.

Let us know once you have done this and we will pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
AndrewJ
Hooked

Thanks Lauren,

I have raised the ticket, i have run one BT speed test and it confirms that download speed is right up to the sync speed, obviously the sync is the issue here.

Does anyone know if the VDSL being sat not connected for the first 4 days of being turned on might have affected it when connected?

I'm in a very rural area, very low noise, so though my line length is about 1800-2000m to the cabinet, I was really hoping to hit the top end of the estimated line speed,  as the old ADSL sync was quite a lot higher than the DSLchecker estimated.

I have attached the router to the test socket, as you asked, but I removed all the extension wiring a few years ago when I was maximising the ADSL speed, so no difference.

edit:  That test socket re-sync has actually come in at 9.7!  Still below the bottom end speed estimate of 11 though.  I see the attenuation has dropped from 36.0 to 34.7.  Perhaps waiting a bit might  do the trick?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @AndrewJ,

Thanks for raising the ticket and for trying your router directly in the test socket. I've tested your line today and it's showing that it's currently syncing at 11.5mbps, so it appears that this issue has been resolved. As the line's still in its stablisation period the speeds may still be a bit up and down so I'd recommend that you keep an eye on things over the next week or so. Please let us know if you continue to experience poor speeds or any other connection problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team