Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for over a MONTH

stem
Dabbler

Re: No broadband for over a MONTH

@ClaudiaG23 

Hi Claudia, thank you again for the update. Once again incredibly disappointed this has been further deferred, and probably will be tomorrow as well. But I will wait until midday tomorrow for an update before I raise an official complaint. 

stem
Dabbler

@Aly 

Hey Aly,

Thank your for you reply 😭 I'm both relieved and disappointed that there are people in the same situation as me... Really sorry about your delays also it's the WORST. ALSO THANK YOU for alerting me to the Ofcom scheme, I will be contacting Plusnet for compensation after this, and currently they owe over £300 to me if this is correct - That's incredibly helpful information and also slightly reassuring. But really I just want to use... the internet.

I'm going to open an official complaint tomorrow with Plusnet if this isn't resolved by midday, and will subsequently go to Ofcom following any further delays.  Have an amazing evening and thank you again! Would also be happy in joining any efforts en masse contacting Ofcom or any external organisations if it may help bringing attention to this. 

Take care

Ro

Aly
Rising Star

Hi Ro,
No worries. We have a lot of smart stuff in our house, camera to monitor the baby, tado for heating and cameras none of which we can use without internet.

It's lucky for us it's summer otherwise in winter it would be difficult to use our heating without the internet.
I was a Zen customer for many years, I only came back to Plusnet because Zen are getting a bit expensive and in a time when everyone is feeling the squeeze I couldn't justify staying with Zen, I regret that decision now.

My order was placed 21st May
Engineer installed 2nd June

Frustrating for me, my line has been connected since 2nd June, synced at 46mb down 11mb up (I knew it wasn't going to be great, FTTC is poor where I live). The line is there but I can't connect to it.

Hopefully my service works soon 🫤
(alistair89)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @stem and @Aly 

I'm picking this up on Claudia's behalf as she's not in the office today.

Unfortunately, we've been advised the issue hasn't been fixed yet but both your orders have been escalated higher up the chain.

We'll be in touch as soon as we know more  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Aly
Rising Star

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for letting me know.
I don't want to wait another week. I want an update on Monday. The last few 'updates' have been a week apart.

Can you answer this for me?

Why are Plusnet accepting Opean reach's responses of 'we will update in 48 hours' etc. If I was a business knowing they were paying £9 a day compensation I would be doing everything in my power to have the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

I have documented everything that has happened until now and i'll be submitting a detailed complaint to Ofcom. The way this has been handled is a joke. 

To hear customers have been sent replacement routers in a hope to solve the problem is laughable.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Aly I wouldn't waste your time with Ofcom, they do not deal with individual complaint cases.

You could try emailing the Openreach CEO, there is a high level support team for this kind of problem. 

The email address is well known, I'm sure Google would help.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@Aly Unfortunately, Openreach have everyone who uses (or attempts to use) their infrastructure, over a barrel. They know there is no-one else for resellers to turn to, so they continue to use the tactics and practices of the original 'GPO Telephones', which is to effectively say 'like it or lump it, you'll wait till we can be bothered'. Why toothless OFCOM doesn't kick a few backsides, I don't know. Oh, sorry, I do - it is controlled by BT.

John
Aly
Rising Star

Hi John,

Thank you for the advice, I will certainly give that a try. When my wife worked for EDF she regularly was in contact with the CEO over complaints and you won't be surprised how quickly they were resolved once they were involved 👍

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@Aly It was @RealAleMadrid who gave you the advice, I just pointed out why Openreach still operate as if it was early 20th century.

John
Aly
Rising Star

Oops sorry, I refreshed my page and didn't spot your response thanks hah!
It is Friday! 🍺🍺

I work on behalf of the environment agency for water companies, I said to my partner when the UK phone network was privatised in 1984 it should have been broken up into regions similarly to the water companies.

They have monopolised the UK network and it should never have been allowed! Something needs to be done, I'm sure it has been mentioned millons of times over.

stem
Dabbler

Ah.. Thank you for the update @MatthewWheeler Yeah not really surprised but :"( still it's really disappointing. In more positive news - to everyone else - I am currently in contact with the ceo team at BT, I emailed the ceo last night and amazingly they got back to me really quickly. I don't want to share our email communications here, but hopefully there will be some actual movement from their side. I'm going to call to issue an official complaint to Plusnet shortly. 

All the other people who have replied thank you all sincerely, for all for your input and support, I appreciate it endlessly. 

Aly
Rising Star

Would you mind privately messaging me regarding the exchanges, don't send me details you don't want to share. I would like to do the same.

I don't want to bombard them with any info that isn't relevant, I'm just after a little guidance 

stem
Dabbler

Yes of course, will DM 🙂

Aly
Rising Star

Surprise surprise.
My ticket has been put on hold with another update to come on Thursday 20th July.

When my 18 month contract is up I'll be leaving Plusnet and never coming back.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Good luck finding another ISP, but remember @jab1 's comment that Openreach does whatever it likes and all any ISP can do is to repeat requests for service. This comes up again and again. You could sign up to Virgin or similar which has its own cable network so there is no third party in the chain.