cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order stuck in checking the line

ajit87

New order stuck in checking the line

Hi,

I recently ordered a new fibre connection.

My landline has been activated but noticed that the broadband order is still stuck at 'checking the line'

Noticed that there have been a few posts about this on the forum and that the order has had to be manually put through?

I'm a bit fearful that this may be the case.with mine as a line check should not take very long?
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New order stuck in checking the line

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @ajit87 thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the issues with your order. Sadly we haven't been able to place your fibre order as there's no space at the cabinet (the green box in the road) following activating your phone line. 

We can either activate standard broadband at a slower speed and a cheaper monthly cost or cancel your account for a full refund. I'd recommend calling us on 0800 013 2632 to arrange either option.

Let me know if you've got any further queries though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajit87

Hi

That's really strange. Shouldn't this have been checked before I made the order? 

I will need Fibre as I work from home and this is essential for my job.

Not having space at the cabinet suggests that if I went with any other openreach provider, I will encounter the same issue? Can you confirm that or should I look at Virgin's cable? 

I will need to cancel and get a full refund. 

Best, 

Ajit

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @ajit87 

Thanks a lot for your response. The reason why we weren't 100% sure as to whether you can get Fibre or not when you signed up is because at sign up, you had a stopped line at your property. We therefore used your postal address as a means to determine whether you might be able to get fibre, which apparently you were.

As BT's Availability Checker states though, using postcodes are not as accurate to determine availability, as opposed to a landline number,which of course at the time, you didn't have.

If you're looking to cancel, please give our Customer Options 08000132632.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@ajit87 wrote:

Not having space at the cabinet suggests that if I went with any other openreach provider, I will encounter the same issue? Can you confirm that or should I look at Virgin's cable? 

If the BT database has been updated then you will now be able confirm for yourself by putting your phone number in here:  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'