cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - engineer visit?

Moonivaan

New customer - engineer visit?

Hello, 

Apologies if this is a silly question, but I'm rather confused regarding the need for an engineer visit. 

I recently signed up for broadband/phone, and had to select an time slot for an engineer's visit, which is this afternoon. I have received an email this morning saying that my broadband is now ready, and indeed it seems to be. However, I am confused as to the need for an engineer's visit - presumably if everything is working, there is no engineer required?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong; I'm new to this as it's my first foray into being an independent adult Smiley

Kind regards,

Jo

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: New customer - engineer visit?

Welcome to the forums, @Moonivaan . As you say the broadband is now ready and working, I'm a bit confused as to why you'd need an engineer visit, too. The only time you would need an actual visit is if you had no phone line at all, and that would only be to get the wires into your home and fit the phone socket.

All installations to an already enabled property are external or exchange related.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Moonivaan 

If you have ordered FTTC (rather than ADSL) an engineer is required to visit your local cabinet to connect cables. Generally speaking an install does not require a visit to the customer premises unless a problem is detected.

Looks like you install has gone smoothly and you are up and running.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Agreed, @bmc . But I'm still a bit confused - why would the EU be advised of an external visit, although I suppose it would make sense to cover the possibility of a problem, I have never heard of this happening.

John