Did you mean: 

New Order

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 53

Re: New Order

@MegMont 

Just for information. When you reply to a post you get a line of options at the top. To post an image within the message you choose the one that looks like a retangle with a "mountain" in it.

Brian

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Hey @MegMont sometimes the Suppliers want to do an engineer visit as the ONT may have failed its health check, when this happens, we have to wait for the engineer visit before taking you live.

The reason for the 2 dates is, you say your services should be active by 23.59 on the day, so we then say you'll have service by the following day. This is normal. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 425

sometimes the Suppliers want to do an engineer visit as the ONT may have failed its health check,

@ClaudiaG23 sorry if I seem sceptical, but this situation seems all too common especially as @MegMont posted earlier regarding the ONT

I can’t seem to see where to attach the image but it has a green light on for power and PON.

a green PON light indicates a fully functional ONT https://help.business.bt.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19236/~/what-do-the-lights-on-my-openreach-ont-...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@MisterW  This doesn't mean that it needs a health check with the Suppliers. I was only stating one reason why they would want to get an engineer to visit the property for the installation. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

Hopefully, @MegMont has contacted Plusnet, and been given a valid reason for the engineer visit, or has been able to cancel it if it is not required - as seems to be the case here.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@ClaudiaG23 As I understand it, the Plusnet ordering system initially detects that there is an existing ONT at the premises and indicates that no engineer is required i.e a remote activation can be effected. Later in the ordering process , the Openreach system does an automated heath check on the ONT and if it fails , requires that an engineer appt is made. Now, I accept that there ARE reasons why the check can fail e.g ONT not powered up, ONT removed (in error) by previous occupant etc.

However, there does seem to be too many occasions , this seemingly another example, whereby the Openreach tests seem flawed. If there is a working ONT , what other situation would cause an engineer visit to be required ?

As more and more people who already have FTTP change suppliers, this situation is going to get more & more common and if there is a problem in the ordering system, it needs investigating and rectifying.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MegMont
Dabbler

@jab1 @CaludiG23 @MisterW I spoke to PN this morning and all has been sorted. Engineer visit has been cancelled it was due to the health check failing as I was not aware the ONT had been switched off when placing the order, however, it’s now on and been checked and all is good to go for remote activation. Thank you all for your help 😊
MegMont
Dabbler

@ClaudiaG23 I spoke to the team this morning and everything is sorted as the engineer is no longer required.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

Good to hear you got that sorted - one less thing to have to think about, and easily remedied.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

it was due to the health check failing as I was not aware the ONT had been switched off when placing the order

@MegMont glad it was sorted. As a matter of interest, did you get any text from Openreach about the ONT check ?

I thought they sent a text saying 'please ensure that the ONT is connected and powered up' before the health check ?

MegMont
Dabbler

Hi, no I didn’t. I didn’t even realised they did a health check. It just said before I placed the order that we already had fibre so no engineer would be required.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks, I'm fairly sure it ought to send a text. After all, not many people will bother to have the ONT powered up beforel Openreach come to install UNLESS  they know a test is being done.

@ClaudiaG23 can you confirm if the customer is meant to be sent a message to power the ONT for the health check ?

If not, perhaps this could explain why so many are failing. It then just makes work for support to recheck and/ or a wasted engineer visit by Openreach!!

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Just wait for my move. I'm sure it'll be full of fun-and-games.

😁

ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@MisterW This is something we're already looking into. The ONT shouldn't be turned off, however, this is not clear on our website and again this is something we have raised.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team