Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order was cancelled by Plusnet

FIXED
jenny1
Dabbler

My order was cancelled by Plusnet

I have signed up and paid the first month payment, was told by text and email my broadband would be up and running on the 4/1/22.  Then I received a text saying there was a delay, then today another text saying my order has been cancelled.  Im so disappointed now I will be without internet until I can get something else arranged.  As well as having paid for absolutely nothing.

22 REPLIES 22
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: My order was cancelled by Plusnet

Are you transferring from another ISP ?

If so did you cancel with them directly or just order the transfer with PlusNet ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jenny1
Dabbler

Im moving back to my house so its a new contract with plus net.  Im not sure who the tenants were with, Im assuming they must have had a provider.  Thank you for replying. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Im assuming they must have had a provider

Ah, that would probably explain. They will likely have cancelled with their provider. That will have put what's known as a 'cease' order on the line. That order will have caused the PlusNet order to be cancelled, I know its daft isnt it! but that's how the BT Openreach order system works, there can only be one order on a line at any time. Since the existing tenants ISP 'owns' the line, their order takes priority. No other ISP will be able to place any order until the cease order completes, which is likely to be about 14 days from when the tenants cancelled!.

Your only way to speed things up would be to get the previous tenants to cancel their cancellation so that PlusNet can place the transfer order again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good afternoon @jenny1

Thanks for getting in touch, are you able to contact the current providers to inform them that you're switching providers? We've placed two orders to take over the working line, which have both been cancelled by the current provider.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jenny1
Dabbler

thank you for explaining that, I would never have thought that was the case.  do I have to start a new order and pay again do you know?

jenny1
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

thanks for your reply.  I don't have a way of contacting them really as they have moved out and no router was left behind so I don't know who the provider was even. should i start a new order or wait? Will I lose the first months payment I made?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@jenny1  There is no reason why you should lose your first months payment, alas for the reasons given above it will take a little longer to get you up and running.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

you won't need to sign up again, as the account, and contract you agreed will remain in tact, it's just the orders to actually provide a service in the background.

It's a common issue we have when customers are moving into new properties, usually, the previous occupant would ask their provider to cease the line, although this clearly hasn't been done on this occasion. There's not even a pending cease order here. Sad

We can try again, but I'd like to make sure we have the correct address first. Are you able to send me a PM with your full address please?

Adam
jenny1
Dabbler

thanks that's good to know

jenny1
Dabbler

ive pm you thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the PM, the address is correct.

I've now placed the orders again then to take over the working line at your property. If this one fails for the same reason, we'll place a new line installation order. Smiley

Adam
jenny1
Dabbler

how long do you think it will take? thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

So whenever we place a new order, we need to give the losing provider two weeks notice that we're taking over the line, so the lead time has started again today unfortunately.

Adam
jenny1
Dabbler

so 2 weeks from today even if the tenants haven't cancelled their internet provider?