My order was cancelled by Plusnet

FIXED
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: My order was cancelled by Plusnet

Fix

Yeah, the line is still active there, and there's no pending cease order on it. So my assumption is that the previous occupants have not told their provider that they're no longer in the property.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

... which having read "We've placed two orders to take over the working line, which have both been cancelled by the current provider." begs the question "Why is the current provider cancelling Plusnet's orders if (a) there is no cease order on the line and (b) the tenants (current subscribers) are not there to challenge the line take over?".

Blocking Gaining Provider Lead takeover is an express violation of the OFCOM service migration rules.  Somewhat looks as though Plusnet and it's new customer are victims of questionable attempts to inhibit service migration by the existing supplier.

@adam945 do you know if outstanding debts on a service can be used by a losing supplier to legitimately block service migration?  Also I am correct in recalling that it is possible to have a supplier instructed reject all take over requests, unless explicitly told to accept one?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jenny1
Dabbler

@Townman  My order was cancelled again, this was after the admin said it would be up and running. I called them yesterday and they have said an engineer has to come out now.  So fingers crossed I will have broadband on the 13 of this month.  

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

That is very odd.

This now sounds like a BT Openreach or BT Wholesale records issue ... Plusnet Admin can only advise as per typical provision journeys, exception situations are not predictable.  We see no end of cases on here where the existing information on a line is flawed and makes migration a challenging journey (for any ISP) until the infrastructure housekeeping records are cleaned up.

This has been seen often in migration away from Talk Talk and Sky who use their own non-BT infrastructure within exchanges. That said we do not know who is the existing supplier.

There are a multitude of possibilities here, I fear that this provision case is going to need focussed ownership...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jenny1
Dabbler

Yes, I feel now I've started I should finish!   Otherwise I would have gone with another provider.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If the issues are akin to what I suspect, you will face the same issue with any supplier ... until BT's records are sorted.  Order cancellation by the losing supplier or by BT internal systems is far from being uncommon, therefore the usual response is just to resubmit the order.  Only after the second (or sometimes) third cancellation might it transpire that the issue is not that reported by the business systems.

At that point manual intervention and inspection is required through the whole process to find out exactly what is causing the problem.  If it has been determined that BT need to put boots on the ground, then this is very clearly a BT infrastructure issue likely to be faced by all ISPs ... with the possible exception of the existing supplier if they are on LLU infrastructure (that is not BT's) in the exchange.

Unfortunately we will need to wait to see what BT come up with!  I will watch with interest.

jenny1
Dabbler

Ah ok, makes sense.   I have to say Plusnet customer service has been very good so far, especially the lady I spoke to yesterday.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @jenny1 and I'm glad to see that an order is now in progress. This issue could stem from the current line owner simply rejecting our orders, or it can be an addressing issue, whereby although the line is registered to the address, in reality, it's not there, and it's actually someone else's line.

Let us know if you have any issues once you go live and we'll be happy to follow up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds