Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait for broadband activation

dantdj
Hooked

Long wait for broadband activation

Hi,

I've just received a text through saying I should expect my broadband line to be activated on the 3rd May - is there any way of bringing this date forward? I need the flexibility to work from home, but while I don't have active broadband I can't do this.

On a previous thread I raised here, it was said that "restarting the phone line can typically be done in two days, with broadband activation being 5 days later", but the current stated activation would be close to 15 working days since the cease order on the current line ended 😕

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Long wait for broadband activation

@dantdj If you are getting a new FTTC service, your connection date relies on BT Openreach engineer availability, as they have to make the physical connection in the street cabinet.

John
dantdj
Hooked

Ah, seems likely it might be that then. I think the line existed already and this is just a takeover, not sure if that effects anything? Sounds like I might be out of luck though either way haha

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Yea, the phone activation is an automated action, the FTTC isn't.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@dantdj 

The time to activate broadband is predicated on the chosen product, who was the previous supplier and BT engineer availability.  My 5 day suggestion was best case, based on the existing configuration being on BTw infrastructure (not LLU) and a same as provision - that is no swap between ADSL / FTTC.

Sorry that those expectations were not met on this occasion.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dantdj
Hooked

Hey, yeah, sorry, I'll plead a lot of ignorance on quite how these things operate so far - I didn't mean to say I expected it as the most possible time, it just seemed strange to me that it was so far over. I'm pretty sure the previous tenant was on BT (at least I saw a BT router when I viewed the place), but I'm guessing there's something or other that requires some attention 😅 They might not have been on FTTC maybe.

Appreciate all the help from you both!