cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer-patiently waiting.

MichelleDC

New customer-patiently waiting.

I signed up april 2 and set up direct debit as well. after I received a welcome email and sms telling me that my home phone service should be ready by 04/04/22. I did not received any update. When im signing in to my account it says order is being processed. I'm a new tenant and needs broadband asap. Is this normal that it will take this long?
4 REPLIES 4
Pluto

Re: New customer-patiently waiting.

I signed up 1st April and when I rang up yesterday I was told the order hadn't  even started. Not very impressed so far but if there is no progress by Friday it will be Talk Talk.I think the problem lays with Openreach.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Pluto 

If that assessment proves true, going to Talk Talk or any other ISP is not going to help - Openreach have the same fingers in the problem.  Other than Virgin Media and other independent cable companies, everyone uses Openreach's infrastructure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @MichelleDC, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry for the lack of communication and progress with the provision of your services. 

I've just had a look into the account and can see that the order to restart your phone line actually completed on 04/04/2022, but for some reason, our automated system didn't manage to place your broadband order. I've just placed it manually though, and have processed a router to be sent out to you. You'll receive a confirmed activation date within the next 48 hours. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here. 

@Pluto, I've reviewed your orders too, bit of a different situation here whereby your line is an SOGEA line, meaning we're having to place the orders differently. One of my colleagues has done this, we're just waiting on the phone and broadband orders to match up and progress in our suppliers' systems now. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Pluto

Thanks for the information.