cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again... No activation date etc.

refturner
Dabbler

Here we go again... No activation date etc.

When ordering, I was told that the phone would take 2-4 days to connect and broadband a few days later.  In the summer, I had an issue when I heard nothing from PlusNet and nothing happened.  Eventually, I went with somebody else who didn't seem to have the issues connecting that PlusNet did.  Now I am in a different house and I thought I'd give PlusNet's 'award-winning' service another go. I've been reading everyone else on this forum waiting in vain for service activation and it's brought back to mind my previous experience with PlusNet.. It's relatively early days but I'm pretty certain PlusNet won't meet its dates. I'd rather know sooner rather than wait if this is going to be the case, because I'll go with someone else again.

I tried calling Plus Net's 'award winning, UK based customer service support' which 'is available 7 days a week' supposedly - see screen grab from the website attached. Although it says it's open on Sundays 9am-6pm, it is not...I'll try calling again tomorrow but am worried that the issue you had with not taking any calls on Friday may return.

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Here we go again... No activation date etc.

Hi @refturner

I'm sorry to see there's a delay with your order.

I can't seem to find your new account from searching the details you've used in your forum profile like email address.

Can you private message me the username please so I can take a look into this?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
refturner
Dabbler

I've spoken to PlusNet CS this morning. They tell me that the activation will take place on 8 November (a week today).  This is not quite in line with 2-4 working days from when I ordered, but if it happens on 8 November the delay will will not be the end of the world. They've given me the new telephone number, which I consider is a good sign. I'll revert back once I have a working internet connection next week (hopefully).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to me @refturner

If you can PM me your username still I'll be happy to double check things...

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
refturner
Dabbler

Please remind me how you PM on this system?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to me @refturner 

Click on my name (in this case @Gandalf) and you’ll see a button that’ll allow you to send a private message. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
refturner
Dabbler

You've asked me to PM you about the new order I placed.  I'm hoping that all will be well without your intervention as the CS person I spoke to was pretty clear that the service would be functioning fully on 8 November, she gave me a phone number, and I have received texts saying that a router is on its way. I would like to wait to see the service running and hopefully avoid any need to escalate matters, as you suggest that you may want to do.  But for the sake of openness, I have just PM'd you as you requested, with my new account user name.

refturner
Dabbler

Hello again. And here we go. Again.  I was told that my broadband and telephone would be active yesterday, that I was not to plug in the router until I receive a text message and/or e-mail (both were to be sent).  As of writing, I've had no text messages or e-mails telling me that the line and broadband have been activated. When taking this out I was told the line would be connected within 2-4 days with broadband shortly after. When that time frame wasn't met, I posted on here (to which this is a reply) saying that I was worried about the lack of communication and the casual missing of PlusNet's own time frames for activation. @Gandalf asked me to give him my user name for the account via PM, which I duly did.  He checked that everything was in place and the the service would be active as of yesterday. He confirmed that this is the case. @Anoush aka @Gandalf , I am posting again to say that the promised activation did not happen.  Please can you look in to this and advise?

Just for clarity incidentally, I have received a text message from PlusNet telling me that they were sending the router (on 1 November) and then another four text messages on 6 November telling me that you were about to send the router (again?) and after I'd already actually received the router.

Many thanks.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @refturner, thanks for getting back to us. I am really sorry that the order didn't complete yesterday as expected.

The router emails aren't related to the order, but I am really sorry for any confusion caused by these.

I have checked on the order and this does look to now show there is a delay. I have contacted our suppliers for more information on this and have provided the latest information here for you:  https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219464496

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this causes in the meantime, should you have any further queries please do let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
refturner
Dabbler

@LaurenB thank you for the response. In your response (linked to in your reply) you say your suppliers (presumably BT Openreach, part of the BT group just like PlusNet) have advised that they expect to complete their work at the exchange within 2 working days (that would suggest by midday on 11 November). You also say that they have asked that you check back for further updates on 12 November 2021, a full day after they say they will complete the work. Please could you check back with them by midday on 11 November rather than a day later to see if the activation will occur within the again-revised estimates?

Many thanks.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @refturner,

To clarify this point, we'd typically check back the following day as sometimes work can take up until midnight to complete. It can also take some time for updates to be logged for our viewing after tasks have been completed. As soon as an update becomes available, our teams will update as you as soon as possible. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team