cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going Round in Circles!

Dalesey
Dabbler

Going Round in Circles!

My cabinet went live 4 months ago. People on my street have got fibre. I cannot order through youurselves. Placed an order with you couple weeks ago that got cancelled. 

I spoke to openreach and they are 100% positive i am able to order fibre. There are free fibre ports etc, proven by https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput and shown as "Available".

I have placed another order with yourselves and a ticket has been opened again and order has been cancelled! 

Snippet of convo with openreach customer service:

I did check the link you shared and it showed that VDSL FTTC up to 80mbps is available.
Jessica (10:46:25)

If there are ever any errors or repeat failed orders, providers can contact us directly to work along side them to prevent it from happening again.
Jessica (10:46:51)

We have teams that do this specifically which providers have contact routes into.
Chris Dales (10:48:23)but how do i even place the order initially if when i ring them up they just say their checker comes back unavailable, what, get them to contact you directly?
Jessica (10:53:07)

Yes. See when you have been speaking with our fibre team they are there to check that fibre is available which they have done. If orders aren't working then providers have to get in touch with us so we can help prevent it from failing
Chris Dales (10:53:49)okay i'll give that a shot then
Chris Dales (10:54:29)i'm sure they did this last time though got in touch with you and you said something about tester ports? and that you only allocated so many and then would roll it out to everybody else?
Chris Dales (10:54:37)plusnet got in touch with yourselves that is

Look my advice would be if you would still like fibre, to try and upgrade again. Advise the provider of situation and they can get in touch with us to manage the order to help you get superfast
Chris Dales (11:02:13)yeah cool i'll try that and advise them i've already spoken with yourselves and there's free ports etc
Chris Dales (11:02:17)thanks for your time
Jessica (11:04:02)

24 REPLIES 24
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Going Round in Circles!

Hi @Dalesey thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to see of the problems you're experiencing with your order.

I suspect the issues have come about because the records of the deactive/stopped line at your address may be showing it as what's called a DDI line which is unable to support broadband.

There's one way to find out definitively so I've placed an order to reactivate the phone line which should go live within the next 24 hours. Once this has been completed if we're unable to place broadband on the line, then we'll need to go down the route of arranging an engineer to go out and physically connect the line up.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on this for you and I'll let you know as soon as I know more. This should be either later on this afternoon/evening or tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

Thanks for the very fast reply i appreciate it! as you can see it's very frustrating when all checks come back okay yet i can't seem to get across the line.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Dalesey 

No problem and sorry again for the troubles you've had. Sad

I've checked the order and I can see line is due to reactivate tomorrow (Despite me advising on the ticket "Today 19/09/19" for some reason Crazy2). I'll check back tomorrow afternoon on the progress when I'm in the office.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

Any update?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Dalesey 

Yup the phone line was reactivated around 90 minutes ago but I'm still waiting for the line records to update to show that broadband/fibre is available to order and hopefully also not show it's a DDI line. Currently the records are looking a bit like this which is normally indicative of a records issue and not that you can only get 1mbps.

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --

I'd expect the records to update automatically by tomorrow morning although hopefully tonight. If they've not updated before I leave the office tonight at 10pm I'll raise what's called a TAGS query with our suppliers to investigate further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

That's great. Thank you for the informative reply. Fingers crossed. 

I'm wary however because on my first order my line got activated with yourselves then you hit a wall when looking at placing the fibre order. I see you have outlined the steps that will be taken if this wall is hit again so thanks for that.

Dalesey
Dabbler

Out of interest, what is that checker that you attached? it looks similar to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput where it says the following 

CABINET.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Dalesey It was from the same website but searching using the landline telephone number assigned to the line when I placed the order, I've added that to the support ticket on your account if you want give it a go yourself Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Dalesey Some good news and some bad news. The good news is that records have updated and it's showing as a clear line to provide broadband on. The bad news is that FTTC isn't available (yet).

Unfortunately address records aren't very accurate compared to actual line records once a line is provisioned. BT have looked into this further on the back of the records query I raised and advised what's called a Live to Live(L2L) Migration is in progress for a number of lines yours included to move them into a fibre enabled cabinet.

I've completed a formwize to Openreach to query timescales. Depending on when the L2L began, it may take 3 to 4 months as it's generally not a quick process as they'd need to liaise with all the ISPs of the affected lines they want to move.

At this stage you'll basically have two options, to cancel your order for a full refund as we can't supply you with a service you signed up to, or for us to provide you with standard broadband (Speeds between 2.5mbps and 6.5mbps) and I'd be happy to get you on the current offer we've got running Here for £19.99 per month for 18 months.

Once fibre is available, we'll then be able to upgrade the service. If you'd want to go ahead with this, could you let me know by replying to the ticket 194244011 and I'll place the broadband order which'll take 4 working days to complete.

Sorry that this isn't the news we were expecting. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

I’d like to understand this fully.

So does this mean the cabinet that provided me with ADSL in the past is not cabinet 87? You mentioned moving my line to a fibre enabled cabinet, but 87 is fibre enabled as my neighbours are on 87 and are receiving fibre. Are you saying certain lines within that cabinet aren’t fibre enabled, meaning the full cabinet hasn’t switched over?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Currently the line we've reactivated is showing as connected directly to the exchange. Based on the information I got from BT, Openreach are moving this line and a variety of other lines into a fibre enabled cabinet which may likely be 87.

It'd be difficult to say how the line you were on before was routed as there aren't any other active lines to check.

Do you mind me asking which provider you were with before? If it was a BT based provider (I.e. not LLU like Sky, TalkTalk etc) then I suspect that this stopped line may have been yours previously. Did you cancel your services with your previous provider outright? Doesn't look like there were any active lines at the time either of your accounts were created.

Sorry for the many questions, just trying to get an understanding myself. Although having said that either way I think we'd at this stage be best off waiting for a reply from the fibre enquiries team at Openreach on the back of the formwize I've completed, as I'd then be able to discuss this further with them.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dalesey
Dabbler

I don't mind at all, i'm trying to get my head round this myself. 

I was with BT on ADSL. I cancelled this due to poor speeds months ago and i'm now on a 4G router. It's better but a bit hit and miss due to signal etc. 

Yeah could you let me know as soon as you get a reply from them. I'm baffled about the architecture of my line to be honest. As far as i'm aware, my address is connected to cabinet 87 and this cabinet is fibre enabled as people on my road have got a working fibre line 

Dalesey
Dabbler

Just had a reply from openreach. its got nothing to do with l2l migration

• Paul (16:35:08)

Right What I am doing for you here is I'm trying to arrange for an engineer to visit the exchange building the cabinet and the underground DP ( distribution point) when this is done they will pass me the way the cable runs as at the moment its not showing this and this is the reason its saying you cant get fibre ( as no record its connected to the cabinet)
  •  

Dalesey
Dabbler

Another Update from openreach:

Just a quick update, ive been on to the local manager asking if they can send an engineer out on this job and update me on this, it looks like an engineer will be there to look tomorrow. So with any luck we will have the details for Monday and I will get this sent over to the records team when I get in ( 11am Monday).

When those records are updates I will then contact another team to see about having other records tweaked to show the changes.

Should have more info on Monday.

Paul.