cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade, not changed over :/

hann0n

Fibre upgrade, not changed over :/

On 25/04/20 i placed an order to upgrade from standard ADSL to Fibre Extra, great. The order went through, received the confirmation email stating that the new service will go active on 1/5/20.

On 29/04/20 the Hub One arrived and i set it up in preparation for the line change and all went well.

It's now 19:50 at the time of writing on 1/5/20 and nothing has changed. I have restarted my router twice now to no avail. The router shows the Modulation as: G.992.5 Annex A    so i am still on an adsl connection.

I've looked on https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and cannot see any indication of an openreach engineer date.

I'm kind of clueless as to what is going on in regards to when the upgrade will happen.

I tried to message the PN help twitter account but received no reply and i'm past the phone line hours so hopefully somebody can help me out here.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre upgrade, not changed over :/

Upgr ades are subject to Openreach engineer availability, and usually takes a little longer than this, and longer these days.

Unlike the older DSL Checker, I am not sure the new one shows open orders - I could be wrong though.

Do you have any information on the tickets in your member centre?

You have done the right checks so far, so may have to wait until astaff member sees this thread, or are lucky enough to get through to the call centre.

hann0n

Can you point me in the right direction to viewing tickets? I’ve had a look but no joy in finding them unfortunately.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@hann0n 

Tickets

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
hann0n

Thank you
I had skim through the closed tickets and one that was created when I changed the service to fibre stated: “The transfer will complete by midnight on 05/05/20.”
So that answers my question, thanks for your help guys, unfortunate i’ll have to wait a bit longer but what can you do.