cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Order

jibrandastagir

Fibre Order

Hi, i ordered Fibre Order one week ago as i didnt have much notice about moving house. Since then its only been stuck on “Checking your line”. This is something that isnt meant to take 1 week to do considering plus net says 2-4 days. Ive had no emails or anything regarding when my router or anything is being sent to me.

I work from home mainly and considering COVID times would have expected some updates at the very least? I dont need an engineer or anything as i already have an openreach line. What is taking so long?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Fibre Order

Good evening @jibrandastagir

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry for the delays you've had here. I've just had a look into the account and can see that you have a stopped SOGEA line at the property. This might not mean much to you, but an SOGEA line basically runs on slightly different technology, and our automated system cannot place orders to provide a service on there.

I've manually intervened and asked our suppliers to place the phone order, which will hopefully match up with the broadband order that I've manually placed.

A confirmed activation date should be sent through within the next 72 working hours.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jibrandastagir

Hi,

Thanks for pushing it forward! Is there anything i need to do? Its just on the “waiting for payment” part and the router doesnt seem to be ordered yet still?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @jibrandastagir

I've updated things on your account so you should see the order tracker a little differently now. 

We're currently waiting for our supplier to place an order to restart the SOGEA line at your address. 

We should be able to provide an update within 24-48 hours. Let us know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jibrandastagir

Hi @Gandalf,

Appreciate all the help! If there are further issues will reply back again! Hoping to get this all sorted in the next few days hopefully so i can work properly again.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jibrandastagir  You will probably have to wait another week or two before the Fibre Broadband Order completes, depending on engineer availability to connect things up in the FTTC cabinet. 

jibrandastagir

@RealAleMadrid Id hope not considering Plusnet themselves say 10-12 working days and ive already been waiting for more than a week. Id be surprised if it was much longer considering every other interner provider ive had to deal with, sorted it out within the matter of a few days
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

The 10 - 12 working days lead time is from the date that the orders are placed, not when the account is created. More often than not, the orders are placed by automation as soon as the orders are placed, so we don't usually have an issue.

As your orders were only placed last week, that;s when the 10 - 12 working day lead time starts. I can confirm that your services are going live on 17/11/2021.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds