cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC Transfer being processed as ADSL

jimmer007
Dabbler

FTTC Transfer being processed as ADSL

I placed a order for unlimted fibre broadband yesterday and unlimted calls, which I currently have with sky, transfering my numbe over too.

I've received no confirmation of my order since.

howevernoff my own back I've just found messages on my account saying my order is being processed as an ADSL order which is not what I asked for or is acceptable to me, I ordered a fttc order which I have currently, so surely can just be transferred over, as I already have a connection in my cabinet for fttc.

When I looked yesterday my cabinet was showing available for fttc connectionsnso. So i was finnaly able to place my order, but today there's no connections available again and it's showing a waiting list, and I've had no communication or confirmation since yesterday morning.

But seeing as I already have a fttc connection surely this would be transferred over from sky to Plusnet, I don't need a new connection as I already have one?

I only have about 2 weeks to leave sky in my Cooling off period after recontracting recently, but the lack of information is concerning, as it may be too late soon to leave sky without paying massive penalties.

If I can't transfer my fttc connection I don't want to proceed with my order.

If someone can help if anyway it would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: FTTC Transfer being processed as ADSL

I would suggest calling and cancelling.

Your Sky FTTC port won't automatically migrate to PN, and as your cabinet has a waiting list you will need to take your chances if you decide to migrate to any other ISP.

Why people agree new contracts, then move away within days is a puzzle to me!

jimmer007
Dabbler

Thank you for your advice

I recontracted with sky as no availability in my cabinet initially, untill availability showed yesterday so I placed my order straight away.

but moving to Plusnet saves me £5 a month, and I get a £50 reward card, I thought things would be simple obviously not

I just find it bizarre that I already have a port in the cabinet, why it can't me transferred over as it is now, makes no sense to me.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It does however make sense to any customers on the waiting list - if you think about it!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

why it can't me transferred over as it is now, makes no sense to me. 

True, but then the Openreach ordering system doesn't do sense🙄

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jimmer007
Dabbler

Possibly, but then again I'm not removing my connection just transfering it, so it should make no difference to port availability, as it's not a new connection, it's already there.

I'd understand if I was moving house so would be served by a different cabinet, but I'm not.

Never mind looks like I will have to cancel then, which Is not what I wanted
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

By migrating you temporarily give up your port. As there is a waiting list then the next person on the list takes your port and you join the back of the queue.

As a warning I have heard that BT are no longer adding more capacity to FTTC cabinets that are full, and instead are spending the money on FTTP. Therefore a migration could leave you on ADSL for many years.
jimmer007
Dabbler

I've had a reply from Plusnet.

They've insisted I will be getting unlimited fibre broadband like I ordered.

But, I don't know what to believe, as there's question on my account from yesterday saying my order is being processed as ADSL 10mb.

I've just checked my cabinet availability and it's showing available again for fttc, so I hope I can transfer fttc to Plusnet, but not sure if I can risk it 😞

Really hope things don't go wrong, and I'm put back to the dark ages.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @jimmer007

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm really sorry about this. It looks like there's been a slight script error on the account, which has lead you to receiving this incorrect information. I've given the account a once over and can confirm that it's going to be set up on FTTC. Your complaint has been picked up by our High Level Escalation Team, and your case handler will be monitoring the orders until they're complete.

As it stands, they've given our automated system a nudge to get the orders placed, but if there are any issues, I'm sure they'll place the orders manually. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds