cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays

Slyflier837

Delays

Hello

I had my broadband with John Lewis (which I believe is Plusnet anyway) and when I phoned to renew was informed JL aren’t doing broadband anymore and I was passed over to Plusnet. I keep being told order is progressing then get a text saying order delayed (no information) and this has been going on for a few days (same texts). Is this usual. I had zero trouble when I had my internet via John Lewis but actual Plusnet hasn’t been too impressive so far. I’m only hoping the actual service is half decent. Anyone else has issues and eventually got connected?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

Re: Delays

@Slyflier837  Welcome to the Community forum.

As I understand it, this is an internal paperwork transfer so your service should not be affected. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will come along soon and update you on the status of your move to us.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Re: Delays

Hi @Slyflier837,

Welcome firstly to Plusnet and our Community Forums! I'm really sorry for the confusing messages. 

I've checked this for you and I can confirm your transfer is due to complete on the 4th November anytime up to midnight. 

The service itself should be the same as no actual changes will be made, apart from the router, but you can carry on using your John Lewis ZyXEL router with your Plusnet account. 

To do this, once the transfer's completed, you'll just need to log in to the ZyXEL router's settings to change the connection details to your Plusnet broadband username and account password explained Here.

If you need any help doing this or have further queries, feel free to let us know. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Slyflier837

Changeover a nightmare

So I phoned John Lewis to change my package as contract was coming to an end. Found out they stopped doing broadband and got Plusnet. Paid up front on 19th October and should be active on 4th November. I received a bill from JL for higher rate (which was why I’d phoned to change package) and on phoning yesterday I was told it would be sorted. What has been sorted is my phone and internet has been cut off as my JL account cancelled by the caller handler. I have elderly parents who only use my landline but number no longer works as I have no internet to work from home!!!! I was led to believe this would be a seamless switch over of service. Seems not so.
Mav
Fixes: 516

Re: Changeover a nightmare

Moderator's note(s):

Two threads by the OP merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Re: Changeover a nightmare

Hi @Slyflier837,

I'm really sorry we've cancelled your John Lewis Broadband account before the transfer to Plusnet completed. Unfortunately this has stopped the transfer, so I've placed an order to reactivate your phone line which should be done on Monday.

Once this has been completed, we'll place another order to reinstate your fibre extra broadband service as soon as possible. I've created this ticket so we can monitor things for you and follow up. I'm really sorry again for what we've done.

If you have further queries in the meantime, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet