cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on line.

temujin
Dabbler

Cease on line.

Hello, can a member of "Staff" kindly look at my home move progress please, i was promised a callback on Friday 18th pm to discuss the cease on line at the new address but no such call materialised, i do not really understand what is occurring with this simple home move, i gave ample notice for a move date of 4th March 2022 back in January.

I have had emails & texts asking me to contact customer services but each time i call i am told not to worry, and from recent experience that simple phrase from Plusnet C.S fills me with dread.This question ( which i never asked) has been on hold, off hold,and back on hold.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cease on line.

You might be in something of a cul de sac.

When a subscriber tells their supplier they want to terminate their service a cease order is raised on that line. Until the cease order executes, no other orders (for example line take over) can be placed by another supplier - in this case Plusnet processing your house move. There is a risk that Plusnet will not be able to place orders until the current occupant leaves.

If that’s the case, phone take over should happen promptly but internet provision might take 5 days.

All of this is outside of Plusnet’s control.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cease on line.

Hi @temujin

I can see the cease on the line has completed and we've replaced the order to arrange an engineer visit to activate your phone & broadband service at your new address as soon as we can.

We should be able to confirm within 24-72 hours.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet