cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet really this Bad?

Whyworry

Re: Are Plusnet really this Bad?

They cant refuse to let your cancel if you are without an active service. I am in the same position..ordered 16th july, no contact apart from disconnecting my old ISP.. I am now 11 days without a service have had to buy an unlimited data sim.to enable me to work from home and am still trying to establish what is going on... they are an absolute shower.
TYD

Thanks for the advice AndroidGB. Will give it a go.

Plusnet seem to be nearly as bad as BT, and that's saying something!

Mav
Fixes: 515

@Whyworry 

Perhaps a business contract where the level of SLAs are higher would be more appropriate?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sheff40

It looks like a lot of people are having the same sort of issues. I placed my order on the 21st July, ordered and paid for an engineer to come out on the 17th August. Got the email saying you'll hear from us in 2 working days if this needs to be changed. I ended up having to call them anyway about another aspect of my order on Saturday (they realised the engineer didn't need to actually come to the house, just come and do work externally) and that was when they said ah yes it's been cancelled. They then sent texts out with the date which are now 20th for phone and 21st for broadband. Which is too late as I'll have been moved in for several days by then, with no way to work from home and obviously no libraries or anything else.

I spoke to someone today who really was so rude I was staggered. He kept raising his voice over me and telling me I 'had to listen to him'. I really, really don't when all he's telling me is I hadn't actually booked a date at all. So if I didn't have a date, what was cancelled?? Why was I emailed and then never emailed again to say it had been changed? I imagine I would've moved in on the 17th with no idea nothing was happening, no engineer would've turned up then putting me weeks behind with no internet. Absolutely horrendous. Clearly they're totally swamped with complaints at the moment seeing as it took me a couple of hours of trying to even get the line to ring. I thought the days of this nightmarish process of trying to set up internet in a new house was in the past with PAC numbers and the rest.

New_bie5000

Thanks Wakeman,

It has been difficult to reply as no internet yet so limited ability to reply.  Had a call Friday afternoon from Plusnet to inform apparently it is a routing/cabling issue Openreach have informed, no idea what the means as building was constructed over 10 years ago. My revised engineer visit is 20th August and a further text to inform broadband by midnight 21st August, that will be almost 5 weeks from order.

You were right about Ofcom, as expected they suggest I contact the ombudsman if unhappy, and unsurprisingly were not forthcoming on what their due diligence is on companies before awarding license to operate.

So roll on 20/21st August for the next instalment  

TYD

I think the real joke with my order is that I am trying to do a simple change from John Lewis broadband to Plusnet. Guess who JL use for their service? Yes, it's Plusnet, and they still can't do it!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I read this first.

Trying to cancel but customer service keeps sending me to someone else and just never answers again.

Did you manage to cancel by post? Looks like I dont have a choice but to do the same.

TYD

I managed to get this sorted in the end, but only after raising a ticket stating that I wanted to register a formal complaint. 

It was then escalated to a more efficient person.

Only problem is, they have given me standard broadband instead of fibre and now I have to wait for that to be activated.

Not happy that I am paying for something I have not got, so will seek compensation for the massive inconvenience.

Martyn2702

Oh dear, 11 days! We are on day 3 since old ISP stopped working. Thing is it is my mother-in-law who is swapping from BT on my recommendation☹ Had same experience as many others here, ordered in July, no comms regarding switch on, failure to respond to raised ticket etc. Did get through to customer support today after lengthy wait and told i should hear something in 48 working hours. Needless to say, i won't hold my breath and have already lost inheritence.
androidGB
Grafter

As the thread starter I thought it might be useful for an update. 

After the intervention of the social media team, my existing service was terminated on the 24th as advised  - Good News , however my router hadn't arrived  (the router was allegedly despatched 1st Class on the 19th) Managed to contact technical support and they talked me through configuring my existing router. Got in touch with my helpful person on the social media team and she said they would send a second router Ist Class on the 25th. It's now the 28th and neither of the routers has arrived. 

Haven't received my gift card email yet (I know it can take 10days ) but it will be interesting to see if Plusnet can get the  "treble" (of failures)

I have immense sympathy for the person I talk to in the social media team who has to spend all day dealing with disappointed customers due to the organisation's constant failures

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Martyn2702, I am sorry for the delays with your order. I have updated your ticket here for you.

Hi @androidGB, I can see my colleague is dealing with the cashback part of your query and is due to update you further today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team