Are Plusnet really this Bad?

New_bie5000

Re: Are Plusnet really this Bad?

Minus Net was censored, ah so the mods are Plusnet protecting the "Brand" then

androidGB
Grafter

@New_bie5000 

Not a lot to protect from what I can see.

Seriously I think Ofcom ought to have a good look at them taking on new business if their service, for whatever reason is so dire.

Had a problem with my computer today, so got a chat call with the tech dept, in a queue but was answered and dealt with in about 10 mins. So others are managing it

androidGB
Grafter

I only wished I looked at this forum before I placed my order, oh well lesson learned I hope

New_bie5000

@androidGB 

Thanks, completely agree wish I had looked on the forum before ordered.  Yes other companies working just fine.

Enough excitement!! for one day going for a lie down.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@New_bie5000   @androidGB 

PlusNet might be correct in that it is Openreach who has caused the issues,

The normal turn round for a transfer is 10 *working* days i.e. 14 physical days which would fit with the emails you got. PlusNet place the move request with OpenReach to do the physical move, but they have been known to fail to notify the ISP of days or issues - hence you not getting told of any problem or delay.

Contacting Ofcom will make little difference if any. Since they have suspended the rules relating to moves in a certain time while Covid staffing issues exist. So sadly these issues do occur.

Tags (1)
Mav
Fixes: 515

@New_bie5000 wrote:

Minus Net was censored, ah so the mods are Plusnet protecting the "Brand" then

The Forum Rules state;

The modification of or use of Plusnet or associated brand names by substituting, removing or adding letters is not permitted.

Moderators are customers just like you.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

androidGB
Grafter

@wakeman 

You could well be correct that Openreach are causing the problem, but this doesn't excuse Plusnet for failing to communicate. 

In my instance I am fortunate that I am just switching suppliers, All I would have required is an email perhaps advising of a revised date and updates if this couldn't be achieved, 

It really isn't that difficult

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@androidGB You missed my point, Plusnet are *dependant* on Openreach bothering to notify Plusnet of an issue/delay, so then Plusnet can let you know. This used to happen normally if the move was delayed or similar but lately it seems Openreach have been rather slow or if at all notifying the ISP's of delays. This is also happening to other ISP's. Normally once your ISP is made aware of nothing happening to your order, they will chase Openreach or BT Wholesale as approriate for what is going on.
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@wakeman 

Your final sentence is the rub - Plusnet have not made it easy for customers to notify them of anything without either hanging on the phone for ages (assuming it is even answered) or hoping that a staffer picks a post up here or on social media.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

androidGB
Grafter

@wakeman 

Apologies for missing the point.

You state that Plusnet are reliant on Openreach advising them of delays. So, in the event of no notification, do Plusnet just assume everything is OK and commence Billing?

Andrew

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@jgb  I agree with you its when trying to contact Plusnet provisioning team, that there is currently an issue.

I wish the Chat service was back. The service from Plusnet and Openreach is worse since Covid started.

@androidGB I don't honestly know, there are automatic systems I understand that are supposed to notify your ISP when work is done, but if there are problems, it seems you have to followup on delays - no email or text.   By the way if its e-mail always worth double checking your spam filers/spam folder, its been known to happen. I had one that for some reason was treated as spam.

androidGB
Grafter

@wakeman 

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already checked that, and also the order status shows they have been checking the line and preparing the hardware for the last 3 weeks!

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thank you for your time on the phone today, I appreciate it.

I will send an email in the next hour going over what we have discussed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
TYD

Similar bad experience with me.

Ordered 15/7/20. My money taken straight away (what a surprise!). Supposed to be sorted by 28/7/20. Nothing happened. No modem, emails, nothing! Eventually got through to someone at Plusnet by phone. Was told by one of their reps that if I hadn't have called nothing would ever have been done! They stated they would escalate the matter to get it resolved. 

Forward to today, 1 day before I am due to go live for the second time. Nothing is happening. Order status still shows "checking your line". 

So, coming up to 4 weeks since ordering and nothing is happening. No emails from Plusnet to update me. 

Will be interesting to see if they start billing me for a service they are not providing!

I've given up on trying to chase them. If it happens, it happens!

Great start Plusnet. All you seem to have achieved is to take my money!

Another happy customer for an award winning company!

androidGB
Grafter

Pleased to say I had a telephone call from Plusnet yesterday. They explained that something probably due to a prior application a number of years ago prevented the automatic placing of my order. Furthermore, the system to pick up any orders that had not been placed also failed. She manually placed the phone order yesterday and promised to get the broadband order placed manually today, and she will keep behind it to make sure it all goes through. BT have already emailed me about the phone switch. Must congratulate the social media team when they get involved, but it's a shame it gets to that. So my advice to anyone who is suffering is to forget trying to contact by phone and use the various social media platforms including this forum.