cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation status stuck on sign up

Ali149

Activation status stuck on sign up

Hi I placed my order with plusnet last week on 19th to take over my line, still waiting for it after a week and order status is stuck on sign up. What does it mean.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Activation status stuck on sign up

Thanks for your post @Ali149 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the delay with your order.

I can see that there are two lines showing as registered at your address in the supplier systems. There's one line which was stopped on the 22nd October and another line which is currently active with another provider.

Could you private message me the last 2 digits of your landline telephone number, the provider you're currently with and whether your line's currently active so I can make sure we're taking over the right line? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ali149

Thank you for your message, I was a plusnet customer and finished my contract with plusnet on 15th October and asked now broadband to take over, I was due to go live with now broadband on 18th but they messed up and didn't not go live, I asked plusnet to take over the line again. In all of these the number was the same as 0208***6594. Now tv has now closed my account on 22nd October. I am just waiting for plusnet and thats the only supplier who would be providing broadband here and only 1 telephone number which I gave above.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Ali149 thanks for getting back to me.

I'm sorry for the bad experience you've had moving to another provider.

I've manually placed an order now to restart the stopped line at your address.

We should be able to confirm your activation date within 24-48 hours. As the line was taken off BT equipment and onto what's known as LLU (a type of equipment which Sky, NowTV and TalkTalk among others are known to use) we'd need an engineer to activate our services, so it may take around 7 to 10 days. 

I've had to provide you with a new number when the order completes, because your number would be in also what's known as a quarantine period of 14 days as it was ceased on a different network, but as BT's the rangeholder/owner of the number, if you'd like the number back, we should be able to renumber your line once you're up and running. 

Also if you're not aware of a second line at your address, it's possible that other line we're seeing may be a neighbour's that's not physically at your property but registered at yours in the supplier systems. We aren't providing that line so we can't do anything about that as it's the current provider's responsibility to keep records up to date. 

Let me know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ali149

Thank you for your prompt response, no Its OK if I can't get the number back or if it causes problem and delay to get it back, I do not use home telephone anyway its just there for providing broadband. I will keep an eye out to see when would the activation date be and if any problems will message you. Once again thanks for your prompt response in resolving the issue.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah no problem @Ali149 makes sense.

Let me know if you have further issues Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet