Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date

FIXED
guilhermesimon
Hooked

Activation date

Hi all,

I've signed with PlusNet yesterday and today I receive a message saying that my phone line will be ready on the 25th and my internet broadband connection on the 26th. 

Why does it take so long? Can I bring this forward?

Cheers,

16 REPLIES 16
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Activation date

Fix

Hello @guilhermesimon

Thanks a lot for reaching out and yeah that does seem strange. There might have been a pending cease on the line for 25/10/2021 (which I won't be able to see / confirm now), or this date was incorrectly selected by yourself. On the order itself, the "customer required date" is 29/10/2021 which means this was requested.

If you'd like, we can try cancelling and re-issuing the orders, but at this stage I wouldn't be able to confirm whether we'll get an earlier date or not.

Moderators Note: Date corrected.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
guilhermesimon
Hooked

Hi @adam945 !

It would be great if your could try to get an earlier date. Me and my wife plan to work from home, so this would be much appreciated. Let me know if you were able to get any date sooner.

Best regards,

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response. No problem at all.

Just one question before I initiate this process though, are you moving into the property? I'm just asking because theoretically, there's already a working line there so if that's your service, it'll remain active until we take it over on the 25th.

By rhe way I made a slight typo on the original post, we're currently due to take it over on the 25th October. I'll see if I can get it edited. Smiley

Adam
guilhermesimon
Hooked

Hi @adam945 ,

Yes, I am moving into this property this week.

The previous tenant informed me this: we had broadband which came with a phone line but have cancelled the contract so there is currently no broadband or phone line there. There is no actual phone in the property, but I think there is the socket to connect one”

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fab Smiley yeah I thought that might be the case.

Anyway, I've cancelled down the orders that were placed by our automated system, and will replace them in a few hours once they've been cancelled across all of Openreach / BT Wholesale applications.

Bare in mind though, if the root cause of this issue is that there's a pending cease on the line, that's been placed by the current providers, then we wouldn't be able to bring the date forward unless the current CP remove their cease order.

I'll know for sure though before placing the new orders, and will let you know. Smiley

Adam
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @guilhermesimon 

Bad news I'm afraid. Even though I've cancelled down the original orders from our side, the pending cease on the line remains, meaning I can't place any orders on there to go live before the 25th. Do you want me to replace them anyway? Or are you able to get in touch with the previous occupants to ask their providers to remove the pending cease order? Capture4.PNG

Adam
guilhermesimon
Hooked

Hi @adam945 ,

Let me try to contact the previous tenant and I will get back to you asap. In the worst case scenario this is three days in advance 😃

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff @guilhermesimon

Thanks for letting me know, give me a shout on here once you've managed to get through and I'll run a test on the line again.

Adam
guilhermesimon
Hooked

Hi @adam945 ,

I've just received the following message from previous tenant: 'Just letting you all know that the cease on the broadband connection for the flat has now been cancelled as of today. I'm afraid it can take 24 hours to come into place, but then it is totally open for you to get a new broadband provider.'

So I believe we might be able to get a sooner date today or on Monday. Let me know if that works.

Best regards,

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for letting me know. I've just checked the line and can see that the cease order has indeed been removed. I've now been able to place the orders to take over the working line so thank you for that. Smiley

Monday is wishful thinking haha, all orders to take over working lines are subject to an industry wide lead time, so the earliest date I've been able to request is the 15th. Bare in mind though that as this is a fibre order, it's subject to engineer availability so it can be pushed back by Openreach.

You'll have a confirmed activation date within a day or so. Smiley

Adam
guilhermesimon
Hooked

That sounds great. Thank you for your support @adam945 !

I believed that, as the line is already in the flat, I would be able to install it myself. But no problem, let me know once you have a date! 😃

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all. Smiley

Our automated system should kick a couple of comms out with your confirmed activation date shortly. If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow though, feel free to reach out.

Adam
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@guilhermesimon 

If you're lucky the engineer will not require access to your property. The work is done at the cabinet. Access is only required if a problem is detected during the work.

You just plug the modem/router in.

Brian

guilhermesimon
Hooked

Hi @adam!
I’ve received the modem and it’s already installed. I haven’t receive any activation day except one saying my phone line (which I don’t have) will be transfer on the 15th.
Can I activate my home connection earlier?