cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early termination fee

Richh1983

early termination fee

Hi

Think I have incorrectly had a early termination fee applied to my account. I had a email to renew however it stated if I left now no early fees would be applied? They have. Could you please see why this has been applied when have an email stating no charge would be made as now free to leave?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: early termination fee

@Richh1983 

This is an old chestnut! It is a matter of interpretation. Presumably you are in your last month of the contract?
What it means is that your monthly payment for your final month (remember that this is payed in advance) will be subject to a small reduction in the refund you are due for the days between when you leave and the end of the billing month..

In short it means that you will get a smaller refund, not an additional bill.

I hope that this makes sense.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Richh1983

ah well yes suppose it is. contract expires on 15th march and transferring to new supplier on 24th jan?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Richh1983  What was the reason for Plusnet to say there would be no early termination fees?  You are leaving before the end of your contract so fees should apply.

I see you had an e-mail, I think the wording in that is ambiguous or obviously wrong but Plusnet may agree to comply with it.

Richh1983

This extract from the renewal email I received.

If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14days’notice.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Richh1983  Apart from that e-mail have you had any confirmation from Plusnet that there would be no early termination fees, I am pretty sure the Billing system will a have applied them as you have found out. You will need a response from Forum staff to sort this out.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Richh1983,

I'm sorry to see that there's been some confusion surrounding this. I think the problem here comes from the wording of the email. You would need to call the quoted number (0800 587 1942) and discuss the terms of the cancellation with the team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team