cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another cashback email missing

Twosoc
Hooked

Yet another cashback email missing

So as the title says it seems I'm not the only one who is struggling with missing cashback emails.
I have been on to both phone and chat "customer services" who couldn't care less. Apparently they sent the email, its now invalid, so there is nothing they can do. The last person I spoke to was a manager who pretty much accused me of deleting the email when I said I could send screen shots of my emails. Its funny though, I receive every email about bills and even this email to register on the community, but not the cashback one. Hmmm.

I've had multiple phone calls with customer services, the last one gave me an number to escalate the case but turns out to be a number that they've all been told not to give out as theres a system fault and it directs you to business services.
My call back from a manager was fruitless and insulting, the agressive tone taken by him was unwarranted and unprofessional.

Pretty sure that as I signed up for the offer they are breaking the quite stringent terms and conditions they impose, indeed the manager claimed that these terms and conditions were fullfilled by sending the email so I can pretty much swivel on it.

So unhappy with the way I've been treated, before signing they were so helpful and nice but now they have my money they can't care less.
Poor show plusnet. But it seems like there are many people who are in the same boat, looks like they wont do us proud.
26 REPLIES 26
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Yet another cashback email missing

Hi @Twosoc, thank you for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the recent poor experience you have encountered when contacting us and will certainly ensure that feedback is passed on internally with regards to the attitude of the manager that you spoke with as from what you have described, the level of service was below that of what we aim for. 

I'm really sorry that you were unable to locate the email sent within this period and that it has subsequently expired however, the rewards terms do state that your claim must be submitted within 2 months. If we were made aware of an issue redeeming your reward within that 2 month period we would have been able to chase this for you.

I have reviewed the open ticket and added to this here with a more detailed response (due to it containing some account specific information).

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Twosoc
Hooked

Lauren had I been aware of the time limitation I would have contacted you sooner. By the way I havebt had trouble finding it in my inbox, it hasn't arrived, which a surprising number of people have also reported happening. In order to claim within two months I would have had to have the email in the first place, when signing up I was told we had to be with you for an amount of time before the details of the cash back were sent out, so I think it's understandable for me to wait rather than harrassing you from day one dont you?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @Twosoc

I've just responded to the open ticket on your account regarding this.

With regards to your other points, we'll pass your feedback onto the relevant team

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiecol
Dabbler

ha ha.  It's not just me then had this very issue today. me thinks it's a con or a ploy to get you signed up  never was going to get it was I.  ??  joined in sept  got all the E mail bumf ect, on set up.  waited for the voucher Email but never got one. rang CS who were useless in dealing with anything on Oct 3rd to be told the e mail would come but it could take up to 2 months to arrive. so I waited a few more weeks and rang CS today to find out when my voucher email would arrive.

low and behold they said it was sent on sept 25th despite not mentioning this when I rang in Oct to tell me it could take two months. so where is my voucher well guess what it's expired when YESTERDAY.  how convenient is that. 

they can manage to send all the promo stuff but not important stuff like this. really annoyed about this made a complaint but no one is interested somehow it's my fault for not responding to a email I never got or more likely was never sent. 

plusnet needs to do better if they want to hang on to customers I will remember this issue when it time to renew or as most likely not renew. it seems this issue is common reading the online stuff. promos are never as good as they seem plusnet is no different. buyer beware is my new motto.

sickandtired
Hooked

Same here , its a shocking service , just pay up as promised!!

Just been offered half the amount !

Its disgusting

My son joined talk talk after reading how bad plus net treats its customers ! (wish i had )

He got his £60 cash back the same week he went live 

No lies no being constantly cut off the chat as they cannot deal with your

Its the principal now ..... Just do the right thing plusnet 

Pay-up

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

sickandtired
Hooked

There must be something that can be done.

Has anyone been paid at all ?

Has i have been offered half the value, does that mean that i can half my time with plusnet

If they can change there deal ,then we should be able to do the same.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

Twosoc
Hooked

It's such a disappointment that we have to take this public before they will be shamed into dealing with it. I could understand if it was just me that had the problem, but lots of people seem to be struggling.
The terms and conditions that Lauren linked me to in my ticket say this:-

"offer terms and conditions.
Once your Service is activated, you will receive an email. You must follow the instructions in this email to receive your reward.
Your claim must be submitted within two months of receiving the email described at paragraph 2, otherwise it is forfeited."

So by definition the terms only expire two months after receiving the email, not of it being sent, therefore if it doesn't arrive it cannot expire. It is non specific to when the email will be sent either, when I signed up I was also told it could take two months to be sent out.

I have since been offered a cheque for the full amount (I did request the exit fees be waived but they ignored that) however my request for a bank transfer has also been ignored, judging by the posts on here the cheque often goes missing too, so I guess I'll see what turns up in 5 to 10 working days.

I'll not hold my breath.
sickandtired
Hooked

ITS A VERY SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS.

WE MUST FIND A WAY TO PROVE ITS ALL A CON.

SO DEAR KIND REBECCA WHO PUT ME ON HOLD TWICE , TO ASK ?? WHO.

TO EMAIL ?? WHERE.

TO PROMISE TO PHONE BACK , OH ITS SO EASY TO SAY DOWN THE PHONE

BUT YOU ARE DEALING WITH REAL PEOPLE, REAL LIVES.

STOP WASTING MY TIME. 

ALL I ASK IS FOR THE TRUTH. 

sickandtired
Hooked

note to moderater, wow wish icould get a message on chat or by the phone so quick.

im disabled by constant pain that make ALL movement very painful. that is why i dont keep changing caps lock. my apology for being too ill

the stress from plus net really does not help

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sickandtired,

I'm very sorry that you've not yet received your cashback reward and for the inconvenience and stress that this has caused you. I will pass on feedback regarding your poor experience here.

I've checked your account and I can see that you were advised on the 27th of October that you would receive your cashback within thirty days. As we're very close to that point and you've not yet received anything, I have escalated this back to our marketing team and have asked them to look into why you've not received this and to get your cashback reward to you ASAP. We'll be back in touch once we've received a response on this, which will be within the next five working days.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiecol
Dabbler

yeah that's great. one down but what about the rest of us that's been conned "and I don't use that word lightly"  I mentioned the terms and conditions of the cash back [as above post] when I enquired but was told the date starts when [if] you send the non existent E mail not when it is received as you have no proof it wasn't received but in the same context what proof have we as customers that it was actually ever sent. 

it comes down to trust we are supposed to trust you. while you don't trust us I offered to send a screenshot of my e mails for the entire period but it fell on deaf ears.  I totally believe the cashback voucher is a bait on the hook to get interested and like all bait you never get to eat it. 

it is very suspicious that only that E mail never arrived when all the others do like the one that told me the price of the phone had gone up  after I joined with a promise of no price rises during my contract.  strange I call it.

this issue needs sorting for all customers what would it take for this happen an article on rip off Britain perhaps. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @yorkiecol, thanks for your post.

If you're being told that it's expired we can usually escalate the issue to our Billing Operations Team to ensure that you get the reward that you're entitled to.

I've just done this and we expect their response within the next 3-5 working days, at which point we'll update you directly. (it's usually quicker than this but I do need to give you the outside timescale, just in case)

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

sickandtired
Hooked

same old same old , heard it all before, Still waiting on call back (twice now)  

as mention by others, I will not hold my breath Sad

yeah that's great. one down but what about the rest of us that's been conned "and I don't use that word lightly"  I mentioned the terms and conditions of the cash back [as above post] when I enquired but was told the date starts when [if] you send the non existent E mail not when it is received as you have no proof it wasn't received but in the same context what proof have we as customers that it was actually ever sent. 

this issue needs sorting for all customers what would it take for this happen an article on rip off Britain perhaps. 

id only said to my hubby last night....this is one for Dom !

Twosoc
Hooked

Oskarpapa if its the case that you can escalate it even if its expired, why does the chat and phone customer service say that its impossible? Its very convenient that as soon as someone takes it public then the problem is easily solved by you guys.