Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to ee fttp

FIXED
mikeshaw
Grafter

Re: Switch to ee fttp

I first signed up with Plusnet on 14/02/2005 and have been with them ever since. I upgraded to the fibre package on 06/09/2012 because I wanted faster internet up to 80 Mbps. I also took up the Plusnet mobile phone package on 10/06/2017 so I consider myself to be a very loyal customer. Not many customers stay with an ISP for 17 years.

Plusnet guarantee a minimum of around 65 Mbps and yet for the last 3 years (since I moved house) I have only been getting 45-47 Mbps. But I have put up with it.

I see my neighbours with other ISPs are all updating to the new FTTP service, and yet Plusnet won’t even talk about it. I feel like we are being left behind in the technology race, and I find in concerning the fact that they no longer offer email services to new customers and also won’t offer FTTP.

The least Plusnet could do is allow their customers to move to BT/EE for free if they will not offer a full FTTP service. Plusnet, BT and EE are all in the same family. Are Plusnet on a path to self destruction? Maybe.

Anyway, loyal as I have been, enough is enough, and I have bitten the bullet and I am switching to BT/EE for a 500 Mbps service for only a tenner a month more than I pay Plusnet. I have to pay a  £207.88 early termination fee (which I think is a cheek when I wasn’t even getting the minimum guaranteed speed) but to get 500 Mbps will be all my Christmases come together. And all I can say to other concerned Plusnet customers who want FTTP is stop procrastinating and move.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

FTTP is available to existing PN customers though?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikeshaw  have a read of this forum topic  - Plusnet Full Fibre 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@mikeshaw 

PlusNet were waiving early termination charges for people moving to BT or EE but you had to speak to them first.

Whether they are still doing that with the launch of PN FTTP I don't know. Note PN FTTP is data only - you loose your telephone number.

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Technically they are all data only;)
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mikeshaw
Grafter

If Plusnet could give me FTTP this week like BT/EE can I would have stayed, but I am not prepared to be kept waiting forever with promises about what might happen. Later this year is not good enough and I don't understand why customers tolerate that approach. I am keeping my existing phone number and FTTP includes 2 digital phones.

bmc
Hero

@mikeshaw 

Subject to an installation date you could well have had a service this week.

PN FTTP went live for existing customers on the 25th May. It's not on the website as that's not ready yet - probably the same reason why they're not taking new customers as yet.

However, if you want to keep your phone number then that's a different matter. You can't (couldn't) with PN.

Brian

mikeshaw
Grafter

How are customers supposed to know FTTP is/maybe available unless it is on their website or they email all their customers? Obvious really. If it is available now what does it cost and what do we get? I can't find it.

I have been searching Plusnet Community for several months now hoping for concrete news as to when we can have FTTP, pricing, how it works, etc.

As far as I am concerned it is not available and I want to keep my landline number. BT/EE are doing all that for me. It's typical of the disjointed Plusnet we have all come to expect recently. There are so many other ISP providers ahead of Plusnet right now. 

I would like to post how well the transfer takes place and my experience for the benefit of Plusnet customers, but I expect my Plusnet access will be cut off on Thursday when I migrate (along with my emails).

bmc
Hero

@mikeshaw 

It is available for you on PN but without a phone service.

Can't say this works elsewhere but when I login and check for upgrades I get an error page say unavailable and to contact PN. Anyone who phones PN about upgrades will be told that FTTP is available if their property shows it as available.

Prices are by "discussion" with PN. If you look at the PlusNet Full Fibre post #7 (I think) gives the end of contract prices.

Brian

mikeshaw
Grafter

Like I say, Brian, very disjointed from Plusnet. 

Within hours of me just looking on the EE website for FTTP availability at my address, BT/EE rang me with a firm price, date and details of the migration. 2 days later I had BT Openreach at my house putting in the cable. A few days later the HUB and phones arrived in the post. It's been very fast and professional so far.