cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contact and being charged out of contract rates

shelfhx
Grafter

Renewed contact and being charged out of contract rates

As my current contract was coming to an end (on 7th May 2023), I took up an online offer and signed up to a new 18 month contract on 01/04/2023, I presume starting from when the current one ends.

A new bill was issued on 08/05/2023, but I was charged the out-of-contract price. I spoke to customer services who said they fixed the issue but said the bill amount would still be taken by Direct Debit even though a refund had been applied to my account. So, given no other option, I cancelled the Direct Debit.
Had the out-of-contract price been take by Direct Debit, I would have been in credit the following month, meaning I would be unable to claim costs back from my employer for that month.

So, fast forward to 08/06/2023, and I'm again being charged the out-of-contract price. Nothing has changed. Spoke again to customer services again, who said they would need to re-apply the offer, stating from today?

And as far as the Direct Debit goes this time, they promised a refund straight to my bank account, at which point I was cut-off and noone has bothered to ring me back. I still have no idea what's happening...not great customer service!

Who knows what will happen when the Direct Debit is taken next week.

How can Plusnet justify taking the wrong amount by Direct Debit? Surely this is against the Direct Debit rules

43 REPLIES 43
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Renewed contact and being charged out of contract rates

Hiya @shelfhx

What a nightmare!! I'm really sorry and to be honest I would be frustrated if I was in your shoes. 

I can see that the account is due to switch to the details mentioned here tomorrow. 

I'm out of the office then but I am back Tuesday so I will check your account to make sure it has fully took affect.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

Thanks @SammyM

Yes it has been a nightmare but I'm hopeful the contract issue will now be sorted, but not my Direct Debit issue.  

I spoke to someone on Friday and they flatly refused to cancel my Direct Debit, even after I explained what the issue was with my account going into credit.  This does financially inconvenience me, albeit not directly, but they were not willing to help.

I'm unable to cancel the Direct Debit myself this time because, after doing exactly this last month (to avoid being in credit) and setting up the direct debit from scratch, the mandate is not yet showing up in my bank account.

I'll just have to get my bank to refund the payment (when it's wrong) ... and I'll pay by debit card as I did last month. More hassle for me, but ensures I can still claim the costs back from my employer.  I would have expected Plusnet to work with me here, but sadly not.

As a long standing Plusnet customer, I expected better ... and for the first time in decades I thought about switching to a different provider.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I completely understand and I'm sorry this has happened. I wouldn't recommend pulling back payments as it will make the account show a balance as outstanding even though the amount is incorrect. 

Let me check the account Tuesday to ensure the contract has switch over and then once I know that's sorted, I will sort out a refund  to your account with any over payment. 

I have created a personal ticket here so that I have full ownership of this for you until it is fully resolved.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

Thanks for taking ownership of this @SammyM 

Can you guarantee my next bill won't be in credit?  This is exactly what I want to avoid!

Please let me know what action will be taken before it's carried out. . .nothing personal but my trust in Plusnet is at an all time low. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I will make sure that the monies owing back are done as a refund and not a credit Smiley I just have to wait for the change to go through before I can confirm what the bill and refunds will be if that makes sense. 

I'd rather be specific when I have all the details as I know we have let you down and I really want to put this right for you.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

Thanks.

Happy to wait for your confirmation.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good news the change has gone through and I have updated the ticket with the refunds. 

I will update you further tomorrow Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

Thanks for sorting out the contract @SammyM 

I've updated the ticket with some questions on the refunds.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem Smiley

I have answered them for you, just give me a nudge if you have anymore!

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

I think that makes sense.  Thanks.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Anytime Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Afternoon @shelfhx 

How was the heat for you last night? 4 fans I had on in room and all windows open, I ended up with some eight legged furry friends Sad

I have updated you on the refunds and I will check back that you have received it on the 24th Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
shelfhx
Grafter

Hi @SammyM 

Too hot for me. . .must be too hot for the eight legged furry friends too!!

I'll keep an eye out for the refunds.  Thanks.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I had to buy some lockets and ibuprofen from screaming/jumping in horror Cheesy 

Cats are suppose to chase them they say, well they sat there and watched as I had a break down haha.  

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team