Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal without phone package

FIXED
ahaseeb

Renewal without phone package

Hello Plusnet,

I have been invited to renew my broadband package which I am am trying to do through my account. What has changed is that I do not need the Phone package anymore, just the broadband Extra. The renewal only offers the option to renew like for like. How can I renew at the special offer without continuing with the phone package..?

Many thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Renewal without phone package

@ahaseeb 

You can't. PlusNet (like many other ISP's) now only supply a phone / internet product.

Unless you have FTTP, a phone line is also required for an internet connect. The cost of the line makes up most of any phone "package" so there would be little saving anyway.

Brian

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@ahaseeb 

As @bmc says you need the line rental element to enable the broadband to reach you unless you have FTTP. However, if you currently have a calls package on your account (Evenings & Weekends etc) you can remove that element at anytime via the Member Centre. Any changes take effect at the next billing date. If you speak to the Customer Options Team they should be able to remove the calls package on renewal.

ahaseeb

Not talking about line rental... im talking about phone calls bolt-on. Understand line rental is needed, I just dont want the unlimited  calling package anymore?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

You can removed call plans at anytime - the change becomes effective on the next billing date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Fix

@ahaseeb - you can remove the call package yourself at any time in the member centre as it isn't subject to a contract.  The only problem you may have here is that the PlusNet systems stop you making multiple changes at the same time. If the renewal wizard doesn't allow you to change the call plan then you have two options:

1.  Process the broadband renewal online, and then once it's been processed go back in and remove the call package using the member centre,

2.  Ring the customer options team and quote the renewal price - they will be able to renew the contract and remove the call package at the same time.