cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Are you able to provide FTTC?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Are you able to provide FTTC?

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
Well plusnet said that they'd have to install the phone line but there is one already there and just the case of needing to be activated at the exchange.
This contradicts what you just said - activating at the exchange without a physical connection is rather useless
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: JamieDanjoux
It is a new build house, and obviously it is a new install!!

Right, with you. We can place an order for the phone line but from the information you've given it would need to be a new install as we don't have a phone number - that means an engineer will attend to install the socket (as far as I'm aware) so you could show him the wiring and see what he says.
Unfortunately though we'll not be able to provide fibre until we have a line to check against, that in mind it'd probably be worth ordering ADSL and upgrading if fibre does turn out to be available - your call on that one really.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What I meant oldJim was that the actual phisical wire is there.  But it's not attached to anything at my end.
Sorry for confusion. There is no line on that wire as a line needs to be installed and activated by a BT engineer.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@JamieDanjoux,
FYI In case you've not seen it there's an update on ticket 68597539 for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team