cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoning Ukraine

djsayles
Dabbler

Phoning Ukraine

Based on this:  https://community.plus.net/t5/Latest-Plusnet-News/Free-calls-texts-and-data-to-Ukraine/td-p/1858854

We called Ukraine (a mobile number) to check on our relatives, sadly we'd normally use Viber/Whatsapp but they're losing internet.  I called from my plusnet mobile and have just received a message saying I've hit my smartcap. 

I just want to check, that callign FROM my plusnet mobile, I get the free calls to landlines and mobiles in Ukraine right?  And that the smartcap I have hit (I have it set to £2.00) will be refunded?

7 REPLIES 7
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Phoning Ukraine

From the post that you referred to...

You may however see a charge on your bill still, but don't worry we'll be working to credit these off automatically for you.

...seems that you pay, then it's automatically credited back to you. It doesn't indicate when...................?Huh

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
djsayles
Dabbler

Well I've got a £2.00 smart cap set, so it can't take any more money out of my account.  We've not needed to call again yet so don't know if another call will work.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Perhaps you'll need to temporarily increase your smart cap to allow further calls before a refund is issued.

djsayles
Dabbler

Thankfully my wife who's with GiffGaff is getting free calls so we've got another phone to use, otherwise yes, I'd be upping my cap.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hiya @Guys,

The way that it works is the charges will apply to your unbilled calls etc, but when the bill is generated a credit will be applied to make these foc.

@djsayles, please PM me your full name as well as your mobile number and I can look into upping your smart cap.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
djsayles
Dabbler

Hi Sammy.  Thanks for the reply.  Don't worry about the smart cap as I'll forget to drop it back down knowing me and rack up charges on some other thing.  As mentioned, my wife's giffgaff works too so we'll just use that one.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

You can also change your smart cap online, if it helps. You’d just go to your account here > https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml or use our app. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button