cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Centre errors

hubris
Dabbler

Member Centre errors

I don't use the member centre much, but the features I do want to use usually result in error pages or 404s.

e.g. The home page as a "Here's your exclusive offer to get faster fibre broadband". This results in a 404.

The Offers and Upgrades page, allows a selection, and this then results in a Website Error, and has done so for several months, despite the message indicating that it was reported to your software guys and will be fixed in short order.

If you want people to use your online service centre, it needs to work, and if it does not work (or throws errors), these need to be fixed with urgency. There should be no need for anyone to be reporting these things, as it should be logged automatically to a "to be investigated and fixed" queue.  This is exactly what happens with the website services my company offers, and by the time a customer manages to write a complaint we have already fixed the issue.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Member Centre errors

Thanks for your post @hubris I'm sorry to see you're unable to renew your contract online. We've logged this yesterday internally as a problem (ref: IMT-5464). Unfortunately as we're currently within the Christmas change freeze it's likely we won't be able get this fixed until after the new year.

With regards to the error you've been getting for many months when going to the Offers and Upgrades page, that's the first I've heard of it. Can you PM me a screenshot and also try a different browser clearing cache and cookies?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hubris
Dabbler

I've done better and tried a different computer, along with 3 different browsers on each, and clearing numerous caches.

The error is as per https://i.imgur.com/I43MpQP.png

I hadn't written earlier as the message indicates (to me) that this would be fixed, so I waited.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for that @hubris I believe I may have identified the problem earlier this evening since my last post. I’ll get back to you tomorrow. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hubris
Dabbler

Ok, appears partially fixed.  

If I go to the Offers and Upgrades and try and complete the Broadband Only upgrade option, I still get the previous error.  This may be related to the below issue.

The 404 on the "exclusive offer" no longer happens and it shoots off to the offers and upgrades section, which cannot be completed due to this.

https://i.imgur.com/DB18gZc.png

I'm ok with not changing the phone setup.  But I cannot select anything (e.g. the same option as already in place), and it provides no option to skip, and it does not skip automatically (which would make sense seeing as I'm not allowed to change the current options).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @hubris 

I'm happy to see there's an improvement, but I'll admit I thought it'd be the other way around.

The acknowledged problem regarding the 404 error is logged on IMT-5464 and to my knowledge, only an initial investigation has begun, so I'm a bit (pleasantly) surprised that you're not getting this error anymore. Not sure whether that was fixed by the work we carried out on your account today, but I'll bring this up when I'm next in the office on the 2nd.

Moving on to the "You cannot change your Home Phone product at the moment" error, that's to be expected following the work we carried out on your account today. Basically the phone component was stuck in a 'deactive' state and we re-enabled it, but it's currently in 'queued-activate'. This obviously won't be affecting your actual phone line in any way.

I'd expect this to automatically activate on your account within the next 24 to 48 hours.

I appreciate you don't want to change your phone product, however I'm afraid that while our system believes there's a pending change with the phone product or it's not active, it won't allow you or us to do any other type of product change.

If it doesn't automatically activate by the 2nd I'll see what we can do to poke it back into place. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hubris
Dabbler

OK, thanks.  Nice to know it is progressing.  Thank you for the work so far.

As it appears a fibre port has become available on the very full cabinet in my area, I'd like to get an "upgrade" order in before it disappears again.  It does appear from the account view that the current contract ends at the end of January, although it is a little muddied in the summary due to the previous fibre to adsl switchover, so I'm not 100% on this.  Would it be better to contact the call centre to progress this ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I'll keep on top of this and get this sorted for you. Smiley

With regards to your contract end date, this shouldn't matter if you're wanting to upgrade to fibre as we'd be able to upgrade you at any point during a contract and we'd start a new contract on fibre, writing off the old one.

Having said that, I'm happy to look into the contract further for you to clarify this when I'm in the office on the 2nd.

In the meantime, as this issue may be resolved sooner, to try to avoid missing out on fibre if capacity slips again I'd recommend checking the product change tool in the offers and upgrades tab every so often over the next 2 days if you can.

If the issue isn't sorted soon I'll also be happy to look at manually placing the order for fibre so you don't miss out. We'll then sort your account out at a later date. But we'll cross that bridge if we come to it, because it's not an ideal solution.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Afternoon @hubris 

I'm happy to confirm that you should now be able to use the product change tool through the 'Offers and Upgrades' tab in your account. Let me know if you have any further issues with this.

With regards to your contract, I've added an update on to your ticket you'll be able to view and reply to by going Here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet