Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail only account

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Mail only account

So I made a mistake, moved from Plusnet to BT a while ago and am now looking to move back.

However, in order to find out what products are available I either have to enter my account details or put in a postcode and phone number. If I do the latter I get a message that an account already exists and I should login to find the upgrades available. If I login the message tells me that there is a problem and I need to try again later. I have been trying later for many days and I don't think continuing will get me any further.

I'm still in contract to BT, and if I switch before the end it will cost me £15 a month in early termination charges. I don't expect Plusnet to be cheaper enough than BT to make early switching worthwhile, but it would be useful to know by how much.

Should I try calling Customer Options Team?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 274

Re: Mail only account

@maranello You topic title doesn't fit the text?

It appears that the PN accounts system didn't properly fully close your account when you left, as if it did, you would get the 'New Customer' page when entering your phone number - as I do.

I suggest you either call PN, or wait for one of the Help Team to pick this up - your choice.

John
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@jab1 

Fair point! I was wondering if having a mail only account was the reason I couldn't get any upgrade offers to return to being a broadband customer. As you say, hopefully someone from Plusnet will pick this thread up and confirm your explanation.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
Tags (1)
jab1
Legend

Fix

@maranello Just checked - I'm a mail-only account, and was able to check the offers for new customers, so it appears, as I said, that the accounts system has failed to remove all the relevant details from your profile.

It will need an experienced Help Team member to sort this.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

I'm not a member of the Help Team, but once upon a time I was heralded as a wizard...

I've made some changes so you should be able to sign up a new account online using your landline number now.

Let me know if there are any issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

I know you aren't on the Help Team, @Gandalf - but you're still a wizard.😉

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

but you're still a wizard.

and he swoops in on his broomstick, fixes the problem, and swoops out again😁

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Good to see Gandalf poping in and helping.
It is reassurring as it appears that his magic is sometimes required to help customers.
Maybe https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Who-are-we/td-p/1831713 should be updated to reflect that the wizard is no longer part of the help team?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Cheers, and good shout @RichardB 

I've raised it with the team to have a look at.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet