cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Charge after Contract Renewal

Sjbutcher87

Incorrect Charge after Contract Renewal

I have renewed by Broadband contract which takes effect from this months bill with an email confirming on 28 July the following:

From 09/08/2022, your monthly subscription will be £18.75 for 18 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £35.93.

Yet yesterday received an email which included the following statement:

We'll soon be taking a payment of £20.75 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 16th August 2022.

Jumped onto my account and indeed they've done a contract for 18mths but for £20.75/mth which was my old contract.

huh???? Doesn't seem like a lot but when you're counting every penny it's a lot. Not impressed.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Incorrect Charge after Contract Renewal

Hi there, I'm really sorry for the incorrect pricing, you should definitely be charged £18.75 per month. 

I'll get that put right for you, would you prefer the overpayments to be refunded or credited against the account balance so that it deducts from the next bill?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sjbutcher87

Thank you, a credit would be fine. Thanks for your help

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Sjbutcher87,

I’m so sorry for how long it’s taken to get back to you! We’re quite busy right now, so it’s taking longer than we’d usually like to get back to customers. Many thanks for confirming that you'd be happy with a credit for the overcharge. I've added a £2 credit to your account to cover the overcharge on this month's bill and this will come off your next bill. I've corrected the contract discounts so that you'll be charged £18.75 per month moving forwards. Sorry again for the error and for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team