cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bill

cozensk

Incorrect Bill

Hi,

Just received my bill after renewing my contract last month and it's nearly £5 more than it should be. There is 16 items on my bill (Balance brought forward, Line Only, Voicemail, Unlimited Fibre Extra x5, Promo Discount x2, Line Rental x5 and payment) all for various amounts. When I log in to my account, the fibre extra price is correct but there are two line rentals listed. Can someone explain why my bill has so many items and why it's totalling the wrong amount.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
nevd3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Incorrect Bill

I got one like that a couple of months ago. Multiple lines of info designed to confuse. It was also for more than it should have been. I've had a few goes with opening a ticket, but no sensible explanation yet.

What I wanted to know was: why would part of a month at old rates plus the remaining days at increased rates add up to more than a whole month at increased rates. Unfortunately the mathematics of the answer seemed to be a logic-defying 'Because'.

Hope you have better luck sorting it out than I did!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

What I wanted to know was: why would part of a month at old rates plus the remaining days at increased rates add up to more than a whole month at increased rates

@nevd3 let me try and give it a go to explain.

First, you are billed a month in advance.

When CPI price increases take effect, they usually do so from the first of the month.

So say your billing date is the 15th of the month, the bill immediately prior to the CPI increase will bill a whole month in advance at the old rate. The next bill after the increase will have an adjustment for the period from the previous 15th to the end of the month to correct for the increase, plus the the next month in advance at the new rate. So in effect the bill is adjusted for the increase not just for a month but in this case for a month and a half.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nevd3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the reply. You did rather better than the customer support chappie.