Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important information from PlusNet on dial-up service

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Important information from PlusNet on dial-up service

BTinternet mail has nothing to do with Plusnet. Do you currently pay a small subscription to BT (around £1.53 per month) for their Premium Mail service? You may lose access to your email account if you do not either pay for Premium Mail, or have a BT Broadband connection.
The whole thing is entirely independent of how you access the internet - either using a mobile dongle, or your Plusnet connection or from any other means you have of accessing the internet. You can either use a web browser - go to http://home.bt.com/ and click on the "Email" link at the top right, or access it via POP3 email, using a mail client such as Outlook, etc.
TheGodSplinter

Thanks, Jaggies...
I'm sure that I pay for my telephone line AND the E Mail account and have been doing for a long, long time.  I thought that such an arrangement will have come to an end when BT dumped their E Mail users elsewhere.  So, that's the same thing, effectively, I suspect.  It's been so many years, I've lost track of it all, to be honest.
I ordinarily access my E Mail by using Outlook Express, although I also often go up to the Net and access it that way, instead. 
Ian.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

If your BTinternet email was part of a dial-up account, you may well lose it when BT drop dial-up completely, unless you sign up for the Premium Mail service linked above.
If you go to https://bt.edit.client.yahoo.com/accounts? (you'll need to log in with your BTinternet email address and password), it will tell you what type of account you have.
TheGodSplinter

Jaggies...
I've attached a picture of what I see under the account type for my E Mail.
So, I'm guessing that this is good news and I won't see my ancient E Mail account vanish, after January 7th, 2015?  Smiley
Ian.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Yeah. That shows you are paying separately for your BTinternet email account, and it will not be affected by any changes made by Plusnet.
TheGodSplinter

Yeeeeehaaaaah!  Thank for that, Master Jaggies!