cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much would it cost to get out of contract now?

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

How much would it cost to get out of contract now?

Above.

I've been with PN for Fibre and Landline since about the second week of last November, but the up to 76 MBp/s Fibre has really slow downloads, particularly on Xbox IMO.

Also some people have complained about a bad connection on the landline when I'm speaking to them.

However, I'm tied in till mid May next year on an 18 month contract, so if I leave now in favour of Sky for Fibre and Landline, how much would I have to pay for termination fees? And would I get done for breach of contract?

I currently pay £25 a month for the full Fibre and Landline package, and the most the phone bill's ever been was about £55, because I had a long call to a premium rate number at about a quid a minute about 3 months ago.

Can anyone help?

Do you see? Cheesy
8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: How much would it cost to get out of contract now?

If you have a fault on your line, then moving suppliers will leave you in the same position, so why not get the fault fixed and save yourself about £200?

You say calls are noisy, so that is the first place to start - a noisy line will not allow the maximum broadband speeds.

Have you done the quiet line test dial  17070, option 2? And again from the hidden test socket.

Show us the results of the BTW ADSL checker, making sure you hide your phone number..

Sight of your router stats page would also help.

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

So if I do a check on my line and there IS a fault, do I then have to pay £60 for an Engineer visit? I'm on benefits and can't afford £60 in call out fees for what would be a 10 minute visit if that.

Do you see? Cheesy
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It's £65 actually !!  But no, if there is a fault, and you have carried out the tests then you won't be charged. Certainly not for noise on the line when tested from the hidden test socket.

PS - the reason I asked for the info above information was to help show if you have a fault, not just to give you something to do. Providing the information will help many on here guide you to get the most from your line, and get PN to sort it out.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@MrAllen2021 wrote:

However, I'm tied in till mid May next year on an 18 month contract, so if I leave now in favour of Sky for Fibre and Landline, how much would I have to pay for termination fees? And would I get done for breach of contract?

I would start looking at however many months left of the contract x £25 as a guide price. Sky will pay up to £100 of any fees incurred due to an early termination (well, they did last week when I started my move, but I will only owe £3). As above though, if it is a line fault you won't be any better off going to another provider until it is fixed.

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Hmm, so about 10 and half months at £25 a month works out £262.50, bit out of my price range at the moment Sad

Do you see? Cheesy
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@MrAllen2021 

I suggest that you put the idea of moving to one side and follow advice on how to minimise the probability of the problem being your responsibility. If you want more detailed help with this then just ask.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Moderators Note

This topic has been locked in favour of Re: Bad line? - Plusnet Community

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for your post @MrAllen2021 

I'm sorry to see you're looking at leaving us. I've gone into more detail on your other thread Here but I've dropped you an email with the termination fee if you were to leave today. Let us know if you need any further help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet