cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the line takeover request been canceled?

FIXED
NaRyan
Grafter

Has the line takeover request been canceled?

Hi.

I got a email\txt message & letter from PlusNet that once again TalkTalk was trying to take over my Phoneline & Internet.

(This is either the 3rd or 4th time, they have tried to do so, without me asking them to do so)

So I phoned PlusNet to tell them that No I was not leaving, and whoever it was is doing so without my permission.

I was told that it had been canceled and also got an email saying so (and also a support ticket opened about it)

But I have also received another Text message about it and an email offering me a better price (and new 18 month contract)if I stayed, but since I was never going to leave that is a moot point (although a lower price for the next 18 months would help, oh well).

So I am just wanting to make sure that TalkTalks attempted take over of my phone & Internet has been blocked.

As if it does go though it will cause problems, since I realy on the Internet to keep in touch with my Mum (she has bad health problems), and due to my Health issues a phone line is essential.

I was advised to phone TalkTalk and tell them to stop trying to take over my phone and internet, but after spending quite some time looking for a contact number on their website, I ended up just having to do a google search to find a number for them (TalkTalk don't seem to want people to phone them).

However when I phoned their "Phone Support" systems requires you to enter your "TalkTalk Landline number" and of course not being with TalkTalk (and never wanting to be with them!), I am unable to get through to them to tell them to "Behave".

So can a PlusNet staff person please confirm that it is indeed canceled. As the worry that the line\internet takeover is still ongoing is causing me quite a bit of stress, and stress does not help my medical issues.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Has the line takeover request been canceled?

Fix

Hi @NaRyan,

I'm really sorry to hear that this has been happening. I've had a look over the account this afternoon and I've written up a response via this support ticket. I hope that this has helped, but if you have any further queries then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help wherever we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team