cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP being installed now but need to keep landline - not worried about my IP address changing.

FIXED
robsinglehurst
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP being installed now but need to keep landline - not worried about my IP address changing.

Fix

Thank-you, I've sent the text 😊

Hannah4

Re: FTTP being installed now but need to keep landline - not worried about my IP address changing.

phonely.co.uk

robsinglehurst
Grafter

I've actually gone with ClearTone - I had an out of the blue phone call this morning and they are charging me £60 per year for the next 2 years with unlimited calls and that includes porting my existing landline number to VOIP so all good! 👍

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@robsinglehurst whatever you do, don't port the number BEFORE you've upgraded to Fibre without phone. If you do it will cease your phone AND current broadband

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 278

@robsinglehurst I  sincerely hope they don't port the number until  you have accepted the PN OFFER and been transferred to SOGEA, otherwise you will lose all your PN services, and broadband.

John
robsinglehurst
Grafter

Thanks,

Cleartone have advised accordingly that they will be taking care of this. I will upgrade my package now.

robsinglehurst
Grafter

Upgrading right now

robsinglehurst
Grafter

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@robsinglehurst  Responding to an out of the blue phone call might not be the best way to pick a VOIP provider. Cleartone will not know when your Plusnet account has changed to Broadband only, you need to be sure that they do not port the phone number before that happens. You need to inform Cleartone when the account update is complete.

robsinglehurst
Grafter

Thanks,

I have informed ClearTone and sent them a pdf of the upgrade showing on my Plusnet account page.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 426

@robsinglehurst 

Note that you have been given a scheduled date, not a confirmed date. If you use Plusnet for your email and use IMAP then it might be wise to take copies of any important  messages. Ordering a port before the transfer is completed is risky.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

robsinglehurst
Grafter

Hi,
I use Gmail so will be 🙂
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 58

@robsinglehurst 

The real problem would be if the port goes ahead before your account change - this can lead to the cancellation of the account and any open orders ie the upgrade. This is due to the way the PN billing systems work - they use the landline number. If it gets ported their is no number to work from so things get cancelled.

Brian

robsinglehurst
Grafter

Thanks Brian,
I'll keep an eye on the progress in my Plusnet account - (they have said this Thursday 23rd is when it goes active) - and advise ClearTone to push the port back (if that can be done) if it looks like it might be tight - due to something not going to plan.
robsinglehurst
Grafter

What should I expect to happen after sending the text? Should I hear from OpenReach?