Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed for landline that's been u/s since 24th April

Norrette
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Billed for landline that's been u/s since 24th April

There's been a major outage in my area (no dial tone since 24th April) which PN are aware of.  Yet my bill includes line rental and all the extras, PLUS a 50p call for a number which I did not call as I had no dial tone.  Where are the contact details to clear this up?  I go to support and all I get is 'how-to-read-your-bill' guides.  

Moving to Fibre today...I hope.

2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 21

Re: Billed for landline that's been u/s since 24th April

I think that is how it is meant to work.  You continue paying for the service, but you will then be eligible for Automatic Compensation for most of the period it was unavailable.  I'm saying most of the period because it isn't payable for the first 2 full days of the fault and the day it was fixed.

The bit possibly that may need watching is that its detected that your fault is "fixed", as if you are changing to FTTP to get around the fault then the actual issue isn't fixed.  I don't recall seeing that along with Automatic Compensation before, so I'm not sure if it plays nicely, though the reason that I've not noticed it may be because it all works well!

The only bit you may want to phone up and dispute is the 50p call, which may be because of a crossed line (which could be the cause of your fault), or an engineer tapping into your line at the cabinet to test either your line or look for a spare line for someone else.  Either way Plusnet should refund you for that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Norrette
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Billed for landline that's been u/s since 24th April

"The bit possibly that may need watching is that its detected that your fault is "fixed", as if you are changing to FTTP to get around the fault then the actual issue isn't fixed."

Thanks PJ.  If this happens to me then I will raise it publicly as unfair trading.  I am changing for that reason and for the reason of unstable broadband over 8 months.

I guess i should log the incorrect bill as a 'fault'?