Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Termination Fee

steve2903
Dabbler

Early Termination Fee

Hi,

With the recent FTTP works being completed in my area, I’m now eligible to get Full Fibre, and there’s a decent deal on with BT right now.

What I’m wondering is, is there a way of calculating (even a rough estimate) what fees I’d have to pay if I signed up to BT?
I have 6months left on my Plusnet contract and trying to figure out if I should take the plunge.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Early Termination Fee

There have been a number of examples where PN waive termination fees for people moving to BT (or EE) FTTP so no need to delay - although confirmation on here or by calling would be advised, rather than a struggle to get a rebate after.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@steve2903 

PlusNet may, or may not, begin offering FTTP later this year.

That aside, as you're moving to BT PlusNet have recently been waving early termination charges.

Brian

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Off topic and irrelevant posts removed.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Wibblyp
Rising Star

Spoiler

steve2903
Dabbler

Thanks for the responses guys, and the waiving of fees sounds promising, hopefully that is still happening.
It’s crazy though that PN make it so hard to calculate what kind of potential cost for transferring early to another provider. The only thing I find is this to work it out:

* reduce the charge to take account of any costs saved because of leaving early, such as wholesale costs;

Cool, so what figure is that then PN???
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @steve2903 thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us but do appreciate your decision given we don't currently offer FTTP services.

I have provided information relating to your cancellation costs here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=217891872 and would advise you speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss your options.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team