Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Payment Not Yet Taken

FIXED
Clarissa
Grafter

Direct Debit Payment Not Yet Taken

I received an email and a text before Xmas saying that my Plusnet mobile direct debit payment was going to be taken on 23rd December, but it was not collected. The Direct Debit is active in both my Plusnet account and my bank account, and payments have always been collected successfully on the specified date. This has never been an issue before. There are sufficient funds in my bank account and I have not made any changes to my accounts or the direct debit. I contacted my bank today and was told that Plusnet have not attempted to collect the payment yet. Just wanted to check if there is an issue at your end? And when I can expect the payment to go out? 

29 REPLIES 29
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Direct Debit Payment Not Yet Taken

Hi Clarissa

In your shoes I would phone Plusnet (despite the hassle) as this forum is not always monitored by the staff who enjoy their hols as much as the rest of us. The PN accounts computer has a mind of its own like Hal in 2001 Space Odyssey and one never knows what it may do next -- such as cutting off your account for non-payment which would be my concern. Hope they can sort it so we can all enjoy a Happy New Year!

Mike

MartyH
Hooked

Hi Clarissa,

Did you get this resolved? same thing has happened to me, DD due on the same date. I contacted support via phone but they just suggested waiting a little longer.

Thanks.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

It is more than likely that the transactions will have been delayed due to bank holidays.  If the DD was raised on the 23rd, there is a fair possibility that it will not hit your bank account until 3 working days later - that is the 30th.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MartyH
Hooked

Hi Townman,

I understand what you are saying, it should have come out on the 23rd though so it would have been raised before then. I was just wondering if others were experiencing the same and it was possibly a payment run that had failed etc. If it's not gone tomorrow I'll call again!
Karenm123
Hooked

Add me to the list of direct debits not collected! I have three mobile accounts with Plusnet - one DD was due to be collected on 23rd December, and the other two were due to be collected on 3rd January. The first one is still not collected (last DD collected on 24th November and DD still active on my account), but the other two went out as usual today.

I understand delays due to to Christmas, but I don’t understand why the more recent DDs have been collected without issue when the first one just seems to be in limbo?
MartyH
Hooked

Thank you KarenM123 for confirming you have the same issue, I guess it's affecting quite a few people. Is anyone from Plusnet able to confirm they know this is an issue and the DD will be going out shortly? Mine hasn't left today. Last thing I want is a damaged credit record or extra charges for something that is out of my control and not my fault! Thank you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fix
I have raised a query on the super user area.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gambogaz

I've also noticed that mine hasn't gone out, goes out on the 23rd usually, last 1 was in November.

Clarissa
Grafter

Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been waiting to see what happens. I also phoned PN, and my bank, last week and both said wait until Friday 31st December, but the money has still not been taken from my bank account. The PN agent on the phone, and another member of staff who replied to my post, both confirmed the DD had gone into Pending state. On Monday this week, the App showed my bill as Paid, but technically it isn't. It might mean that the pending state has been cleared and the DD will go out within 3 days i.e. by tomorrow night.

MartyH
Hooked

Nothing today, fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

... the escalation has been picked up.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Hey @Clarissa and @MartyH have the payments gone through now, we've not been made aware of an issue but I will raise it to the relevant people to see,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
MartyH
Hooked

Hi @willcutforth not yet I'm afraid, money in my bank account, direct debit active on Bank Account, DD active Plusnet side. App showing paid but nothing gone from bank account since 24th November.

Thanks.
Karenm123
Hooked

I wasn’t tagged, but just to update - mine still hasn’t been collected yet either