cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill appears to be wrong

kyla
Hooked

Bill appears to be wrong

Hi, I'm at the end of my 18 month contract with plusnet. At first the new offer was ok so I tried to sign up at the new price. I kept going round in loops so in the end just ended the contract. Took hours on the phone but had the confirmation email that my contract would end on 14/12.

I've just had my new bill. My original contract was £28.50 for 18 months. The last bill is for £40.59. I've always paid £28.50 and have never made any phone calls on the landline. There shouldn't be a cancellation fee as it's the end of my contract.

Looking closer it appears to be line rental and broadband up to 8/1/22 but I don't want the service. Will this be refunded? I always thought I paid in advance so I'm not even sure why I have a bill for 16/12. Could anyone explain how this works please?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Bill appears to be wrong

Hiya @kyla, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry for the concern caused with your bill.

Your bills will generate as usual on your bill date until your account is closed. After closure, within 21 days a final invoice will generate which will then reflect the date that you left our service. Any unused service (as we bill for the month in advance) will then be issued as a refund for you. I have provided some further information via an email for you also.

Please get back to us should you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kyla
Hooked

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I understood from your customer service person that I would be billed only for the proportion of the month that I had the service.

In fact, what's happened is you've billed me for the whole month at a higher rate because my contract is up. Then you are keeping my money for up to 21 days before authorising a refund. 

I'm being billed £40 when my actual use is around £7. I understand what you've done now but it's a bit annoying especially when you know the contract is up and you won't be entitled to another month's money. 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@kyla  Unfortunately that's the way Plusnet's billing system works (if it works at all) so there is nothing you can do about it. You should get back any overpayment if you are lucky sometime in 2022.🙄