Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early termination fee

santi
Rising Star

Early termination fee

Hi there,

Just wondering if someone could find out what my termination fee would be if I were to leave Plusnet as of next month let's say?

Reason being is that when I originally signed up to Plusnet a while back my minimum speed was much higher around 60meg if I recall, and now it's dropped to near enough 40meg. I guess as my speeds are currently just above 40 meg there is nothing on that front that will allow me to leave unscathed.

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Early termination fee

@santi 

Of course you could just give more details of your problem to see if we can help with your speed issue.

If it's an infrastructure problems and you move to another ISP that uses the BT network then it will probably still be slow.

If you read the email that you received when you signed up for your contact it should tell you the cancellation charge for each month that you have left on your contract. If you can't find it look through the closed tickets in your account.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@santi 

It's entirley possible there's a fault somewhere which is impacting your speed. If this is the case then, as previously stated, moving to a new ISP might not solve things.

Put your number in the following and see what your speeds should be.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

santi
Rising Star

Cheers chaps. I'm aware of speed being impacted if my line is not clean etc. I'm afraid my line is pretty much good as it gets for my distance to the cab. Have had multiple engineers out over the years to keep it stable. Currently just above my lower speed estimates for a clean line

Was just eyeing up VM gigabit speeds, well aware a switch to any openreach FTTC will be the same speeds.

As for reading the email etc the calculations aren't as clear cut as just multiplying 2 numbers. As there are some hidden figures I can't find such as wholesale costs etc.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @santi

Thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy  with your speeds. We have recently changed the way which estimated and guaranteed speeds are calculated, they're more reflective of what your line is likely to achieve. Looking at your contract though, it was advised that your MGS would be 40.5, and the line is currently syncing at around 52.3 Mbps with no line issues detected. We also advised you to expect speeds between 46 - 64Mbps on your latest contract.

In regards to your Early Termination Fee, it changes ever so slightly every day, but if you head ver to the billing page on your Member Centre, you should see it on there. Let me know if you can't though and I'll send it across via email. Smiley

KBD

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 52.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 13.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 601.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ;00:00to23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 14
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-11-27T17:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 54.5 Mbps 55.1 Mbps 54.7 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 13.3 Mbps 13.5 Mbps 13.5 Mbps
Up Time 863.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
santi
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

Cheers for the cross checking. Can't seem to find the information on the billing page. Mind pming me when you get a moment?

Thanks!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @santi

I'm afraid we can't provide account information even on a private message as we don't carry out data protection checks on the forums, so I've dropped you an email under the ticket ID 220377437 which I hope helps. 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet